Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Farling

Old June 6th, 2020, 07:55 AM
When you perform a subsequent import, the global_uuid or original_uuid is what RW uses to match up the item with what is already in the database.

Thus, from your investigation, doing an export with "preserve" enabled and a second one with "preserve" disabled will generate two different sets of uuids. So then importing both into a new realm should generate duplicates of everything (since the 2nd import will not find matching uuids).

The uuids in the "<structure>" section of the file should be identical across all your various export files; since there is a single structure in your realm. I haven't specifically checked the global_uuid values, but I would hope that these are the same for any still-locked category definitions across all realms created from the same "game type" choice.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal

Last edited by Farling; June 6th, 2020 at 08:01 AM.
Farling is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Janrith

Old June 7th, 2020, 02:50 PM
I found one, final, errant category that, after removing allowed my core imports to all succeed.

Now, I'm hitting a new issue.

I have an adventure that I've created an export for, that also has a Storyboard. If I export it without the storyboard, it imports to the target realm successfully.

As soon as I apply the export tag to the storyboard, run a new file and then try to import it (preserving ownership), it hits an Object reference exception.

I've verified all associated content for the plot points only point to articles with the export tag. There are a few items in the plot without associated content.

I'm going to setup a test plot with a single, unassociated point and see if that imports correctly.

Then, I'll associate an article and see what happens.

Baby steps
Janrith is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Janrith

Old June 7th, 2020, 03:03 PM
On second thought, I figured I'd check the (2nd import of the same file) bug previously mentioned, as that might explain the Object ref error I just hit.

So yea, importing the file that succeeded the first time, blew chunks the second.

I'm syncing back to the point prior to the module import and seeing if I can bring in the storyboard version.

Will let you know.
Janrith is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Janrith

Old June 7th, 2020, 03:18 PM
Well, the full storyboard came in when there was no previous version of the module in the target Realm.

Are update imports 100% broken, or is it just for specific scenarios? Anyone know?
Janrith is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old June 8th, 2020, 03:50 AM
Imho it's completely broken, since you can import from one Realm only a single time.
It works if you use a 2nd newly created realm in between, but really, it does not sound like it's viable. Unless this error can be fixed in the import files / some workaround, the whole feature is broken, as you cannot really update data and would have to clean up duplicates etc. Easier to work in a single realm imho.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Janrith

Old June 9th, 2020, 05:30 PM
I'm dropping back to 253 to see if the update scenario works for me there. In reading the revision notes for 254 (and 255) I'm not sure the bug they fixed in 253 affected me in the first place.

I've read in another thread here where reversion fixed the person's issue, so I'll see.

I've wiped the realm DB from %AppData%, uninstalled/reinstalled 253, then clean synced to bring down the realm data.

Setup version notes on my structure export and all 6 of my content exports and am now assembly-lining the exports.

The test plan is:

1. create a new realm with structure
2. import new versions of export files.
3. make an origin change
4. create and then import an updated export file.

Side note: Wouldn't it be awesome if, when importing files, you could point to an export file and RW would show you the content notes *before* you decided to bring it in?

Updates pending...
Janrith is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Janrith

Old June 9th, 2020, 06:39 PM
WootNESS!

Worked like a charm. Now I know 2 things:

my realm/exports are finally clean and updatable (sp?)
I'm staying on 253.

Thanks for listening.
Janrith is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old June 10th, 2020, 10:09 PM
How do you drop back to 253 - I always get a "newer database" error when using anything older than 254. Basically it sounds like I need to have the server access to be able to do the downgrade?

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old June 11th, 2020, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
How do you drop back to 253 - I always get a "newer database" error when using anything older than 254. Basically it sounds like I need to have the server access to be able to do the downgrade?
Make a backup of your masterrealm file and then try to delete it. Or while your at it, delete whole Realm Works folder from %APPDATA%\LWD Technology, Inc\

That should do the trick.

Find my stuff on

_|_ F i c t i o n a l m a p s . c o m _|_ D r i v e t h r u R P G _|_
Merion is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old June 11th, 2020, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
That or a copy of your database from 253 or below.

Parody is offline   #20 Reply With Quote