Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

ruhar

Old October 29th, 2019, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrdox View Post
If this standard is keeping adventures out of the Content Market, the standard needs to be ditched.

Given that there are a million different game systems out there and a million different PDF authors, some adventures are going to lend themselves more to this style than others. I don't think it makes sense to force a Realm Works GM to do extensive re-writing on a PDF just to make sure every instance of Player / GM snippets are 100% correct. It's important, sure. But it's MORE important to have adventures in the Content Market to begin with.
I couldn't agree more. Let's hope that Rob will too.
ruhar is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old November 1st, 2019, 06:10 AM
I just bought the Rise of the Runelords package. It's not all how I would have entered it, but it saved me so much time it's worth it.

I'm still hoping they resume development, and I'm voting with my $$$ to say so.
Mystic Lemur is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old November 1st, 2019, 10:28 AM
Since they've publicly stated that should they go out of business on some horrible future date, that the servers would be unlocked so we could use existing realms and create new ones...

With that, I'm confident in purchasing anything from the Content Market that I'd actually use.

My largest hesitation is Bestiary sources, which were my primary interest a while back. That is because my Realm Works cannot integrate an existing (stored in RW) portfolio into either the 32-bit or 64-bit versions of Hero Lab (classic), as of 8.9x versions of Hero Lab.

Realm Works is still an amazing tool, at what it does. I bought it, post kickstarter, based on what it could do as demonstrated by Joshua Plunkett's assorted videos on YouTube.
Ualaa is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Laurens

Old November 3rd, 2019, 01:13 PM
I'm in favor of this proposal!
Laurens is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old November 7th, 2019, 09:45 PM
I guess I was expecting too much for Rob to respond.
ruhar is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old November 9th, 2019, 11:10 AM
Well, BJ answered and the answer basically was: use Drivethrurpg
Merion is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old November 13th, 2019, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merion View Post
Well, BJ answered and the answer basically was: use Drivethrurpg
I love BJ, but unfortunately, she's not the one who can make that decision, Rob is. And I don't think DriveThru can sell or give away realms that are from Paizo or other companies copyright materials, which was my argument of why the Content Market should be kept alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhar View Post
Even though LWD will no longer support RW, I believe many users will continue to use RW and would like to have access to the CM. Since the CM has been set up to link with our Paizo account for realm purchases, I propose that you allow users to post the realms they create to the CM for others to download for free. The realms that are copyright by Paizo and other companies would still require proof that the PDF was purchased, which is already in place.
(Emphasis added.)

The Content Market is designed to ensure the copyright PDF is purchased BEFORE the realm is purchased. I'm not sure DriveThru is.

Reading the whole thread or at least the beginning does help in understanding the argument before contributing $.02 to it.
ruhar is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 17th, 2019, 02:32 PM
Quote:
I love BJ, but unfortunately, she's not the one who can make that decision, Rob is. And I don't think DriveThru can sell or give away realms that are from Paizo or other companies copyright materials, which was my argument of why the Content Market should be kept alive.

(Emphasis added.)

The Content Market is designed to ensure the copyright PDF is purchased BEFORE the realm is purchased. I'm not sure DriveThru is.

Reading the whole thread or at least the beginning does help in understanding the argument before contributing $.02 to it.
The downloads from DriveThru also won't be locked to a particular person's Realm Works account - thus, in theory, they could be shared without purchase.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old November 18th, 2019, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
The downloads from DriveThru also won't be locked to a particular person's Realm Works account - thus, in theory, they could be shared without purchase.
Damn! I didn't even think about that. I doubt DriveThru would accept any realm from copyright materials. That means only homebrew materials would be available.

Rob, you need to seriously consider the suggestion! At the very least, it would bring in revenue. Give it a try; those of us who supported this project deserve at least that much.
ruhar is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 18th, 2019, 11:35 PM
Quote:
I doubt DriveThru would accept any realm from copyright materials.
Trying to sell a realm based on copyright material should be considered to be equivalent to someone trying to sell a PDF that contains a scanned copy of a regular book.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #30 Reply With Quote