Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 20th, 2015, 11:28 AM
So I found that the Source Element has the attribute "abbrev" as listed on the "Wiki". Which is great and I added it to some of my Sources without any problems.

My question is how do I 'get' to that text from a script? I found the "sourcerefs" command but that gives me back the Source element "name" text.

For a tag I could use "tagabbrevs" to get the abbreviation text. Anything similar for getting to the 'Sources' "abbreviation" text?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 20th, 2015, 12:15 PM
It's a recent change, but items in HL now have tags in the usesource group for each of their sources. I don't make much use of source abbreviations, but hopefully, an abbreviation in the source will turn into an abbreviation on the tag.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 20th, 2015, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
It's a recent change, but items in HL now have tags in the usesource group for each of their sources. I don't make much use of source abbreviations, but hopefully, an abbreviation in the source will turn into an abbreviation on the tag.
No I tried last night and I got back "???" for the result using tagabbrevs vs usesource. I assumed it was because they where two different "Things" and the usesource must not "inherit" the abbreviation part.

Oh well. I went a different way storing the value of "[ToS]" in the "srcBookInf" field on the class.

I was trying for a way to mimic your "[playtest]" info in Pathfinder that displays next to a class name. But link it to the "source" the class was from. So that "[ToS]" would mean "Tome of Secrets" and I could store it as the abbreviation attribute in the .1st file. This way it would become very "soft-coded".

Thanks!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 20th, 2015, 01:28 PM
In that case, I'd make srcBookInf a dynamic tag group, and then display the tag group's abbreviation as part of the thing template in the class chooser. You can even have the [] be added by the labeltext script, so that if a book has more than one source, the brackets go around all of them.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote