Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sir.Nel

Old July 14th, 2016, 07:20 PM
I am also waiting for that ability to copy my realm because I'm utilizing my realms works in my hero lab to create a spelljamming campaign. I have three groups that are very interested I'm kind of stuck, every time I use realms works with one group and reveal information, I must hide the information from the other group and the problem with that mistaken see the history of the session. The bottom line is everyone is waiting patiently and the only thing we want to do is copy are information to another realm.
Sir.Nel is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 15th, 2016, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Automaton View Post
Although in this case, I believe "soon" means the next big upgrade along with the web app. Since LWD has granted everyone a free extension to their RW subscriptions until after the content market goes live, there's probably a certain financial motivation to get it out there sooner rather than later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflevesque View Post
Sorry if this ends up as a duplicate post, but since the big June update (2016), are there any plans to have this feature available before the full rollout of the Content Market? I'm guessing it may be easier to manage partial or fully copied realms than managing the bought content?
Just to clarify and set expectations, Content Market will not be rolled out in a single mega-update. We're currently working on the first phase (what we're internally calling "Content Market 1.0") which will allow you to buy from an initial batch of available content. There are many other features associated with the overall vision of the Content Market that will be rolling out in subsequent phases.

So to answer your question, I don't believe we are planning to introduce a realm reuse feature before the first phase of the Content Market is rolled out. However, the way we plan to implement realm reuse depends on some of the same infrastructure as future Content Market phases, so it's likely you'll see it roll out along with a future phase.
Joe is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
wurzel

Old July 16th, 2016, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
So to answer your question, I don't believe we are planning to introduce a realm reuse feature before the first phase of the Content Market is rolled out. However, the way we plan to implement realm reuse depends on some of the same infrastructure as future Content Market phases, so it's likely you'll see it roll out along with a future phase.
Okay. The most wanted feature comes after last market release. Makes sense.

DM: Tol'Uluk - game system independent homebrew world (so far AD&D 2, D&D3.5, Fate, Pathfinder, D&D5)
Tools: RW, CC3+, CD3, DD3, HL
RL: Retired senior IT manager. Now just housewife, grandma and fantasy author.
wurzel is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Asmo

Old July 16th, 2016, 05:52 AM
I'm really looking forward to copy my own realms. I entered alot of info into a campaign i'm currently dm'ing for my friends and i would like to start that same campaign for my kids without reentering all the info (see my other thread). Sigh.
Asmo is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old July 16th, 2016, 06:15 AM
Copying realms and moving things between them is my #1 need for the last two years. It's not really usable at the table (for me) until I can run multiple parties.

Report RealmWorks bugs here
Report Pathfinder HeroLab bugs here
Report 5e HeroLab bugs here
Report 5e HeroLab Community Pack bugs here
AEIOU is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Mithosaurion

Old July 16th, 2016, 05:54 PM
Yeah. The ability to make a single basic Fate system realm and copy it would save me tons of time with the games I run.
Mithosaurion is offline   #16 Reply With Quote