Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Stonejager

Old October 15th, 2021, 10:41 AM
His has probably been asked a million times, but I can't find the answer, so please bear with me.

How do you import .user files? I had to reinstall Hero Labs. I saved the files then copied them into the Hero Lab\data\pathfinder directory reloaded Her Labs and...nothing.

I can open them in the Editor tool, all the data is fine, I can compile them, I just can't get them into Hero Labs.
Stonejager is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 15th, 2021, 11:38 AM
In Hero Lab, in the Tools menu, choose Explore Folders and then Game System Data Folder. When you open that folder, are the .user files you moved in that folder?

If they are, do you get error messages while loading Hero Lab?
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 15th, 2021, 03:59 PM
Note also that some people organize their User files so that you have to turn that User Content on in the Hero settings.
Duggan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Stonejager

Old October 16th, 2021, 09:46 AM
Thanks I found the correct directory.

No I am not getting any error messages.

Where can I enable User Content? When I try to create/configure a hero and check the User Content checkbox, a tooltip appears and says:

"This setting cannot be used because it requires a package that you do not have authorization for" with an addition blurb on where to buy data packages. This is new, I've never seen that before.
Stonejager is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old October 16th, 2021, 02:18 PM
The message your getting is because you are trying to activate packages you don't own (or doesn't exist on your system).
Any clear/white box that is unchecked is something you can activate, grey means it needs to be purchased.
Not all community or user files need to be activated, and those that do will have a name for the book or resource they represent.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old October 17th, 2021, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
The message your getting is because you are trying to activate packages you don't own (or doesn't exist on your system).
...or... you haven't reactivated the relevant license on your computer that would mark that content as being available to you.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old October 17th, 2021, 10:50 PM
I suppose another relevant question is: "What User content do you have that you can't activate or find in HL?" What class/race is it that you are trying to make that you can't? (You mentioned pathfinder, is it PF1 for HLC?)

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #7 Reply With Quote