Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ValaraukarU

Old August 30th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Is it possible to make a new -- Custom Wondrous item with charges so that the end user can edit the item and adjust the number of charges it has.

For example:
I am trying to create a custom Scarab of Protection so that the 12 charges the item has can be edited over time. So after it has been used some I want to be able to edit it down to fewer than 12 charges.

I tried looking at -- Custom Bracers of Armor item and it uses an armor gizmo to allow the end user to set the armor bonus. -- Custom Mighty Fists uses a gizmo to set the enhancement bonus. I could not find the custom wand gizmo as an example since I think this would be similar.

Any suggestions on how to make something like this in the editor?
ValaraukarU is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Paris.Crenshaw

Old August 30th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Is this an item that has a number of uses per day or a max number of charges, like a staff or a wand?

If it's just a set number of charges, and you want to show how many charges have been used up, then it's a simple matter of checking the block to show the item in the tracker and then entering a "12" in the "uses" field. Once the item is added to the sheet or equipped if you choose the "available when equipped option", the Hero's record would have the tracker on the In-play tab.

If you want the player to be able to modify the maximum uses per day for some reason, then you might be able to utilize the incrementer. I'm not sure how the code would work, but you might be able to set the current value of the incrementer as the value for the max number of "Uses".
Paris.Crenshaw is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ValaraukarU

Old August 30th, 2011, 12:28 PM
It is an item that has 12 total uses. Once the 12 uses are gone it is no longer magic. For Wands I always just edit the wand to lower the total number of charges between sessions to correct its value and its total number of available tracked resources. Since Wands allow custom I can also add new wands to the character with less charges (i.e. looted wands that had been used).

So I was thinking this item would qualify for the same kind of treatment. I think your suggestion would work fine though I just need to remember not to reset the uses between adventures.

This is probably be how the item should be configured the core data set as well IMO.
ValaraukarU is offline   #3 Reply With Quote