Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 9th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Version 5.8 of the Pathfinder files are now available from the automatic updates mechanism within Hero Lab. This update adds chapters 2 & 4 of Ultimate Magic, as well as Campaign Setting: Rival Guide, Campaign Setting: Undead Revisited, Player's Companion: Humans of Golarion, Pathfinder #46, and the 5/24/11 paizo blog, which contains 6 new 0-level Sor/Wiz spells.

The Ultimate Magic updates are a free update for anyone who has already purchased the Ultimate Magic package.

The Rival Guide and Undead Revisited are free updates for anyone who already owns the Campaign Setting #5 package (and campaign setting #5 is a part of the campaign setting bundle)

Humans of Golarion is a free update for anyone who already owns the Races #2 package (and races #2 is a part of the player's companion bundle)

The Pathfinder #46 and Paizo blog content is free to all users.

This update also includes some alterations of the spell preparation system - those casters who prepare spells ahead of time will see that each prepared spell has a selector to let you select the number of times you have memorized that spell. You can also set the selector to 0 if you wish - that way, you can choose not to memorize that spell today, but tomorrow, you won't have to find it in the list and add a new copy in order to memorize it again.

For those spellcasters who cast spells spontaneously, there's a new table; "Favorite Metamagic Spells", where you can assemble as many or as few combinations of metamagic powers and spells as you like, so that they are all available as references.

Words of Power
To make use of the Words of Power mechanisms, first open the Configure Hero menu - you'll see this when you create a new character, or for an existing character, you can re-open it through the Character menu at the top of Hero Lab. Because Words of Power is an optional system, it will not be active by default, although you can always use the "Set Defaults" button to make it a default for yourself.

The decision to make a class into a wordcaster is handled the same way as adding an archetype to a character - at the bottom of the Classes tab is the "Archetypes & Wordcasting" table - there, you can find the Wordcasting option for each of the classes you wish to make into a wordcaster. If you are adding Wordcasting to an existing character, I recommend removing all the prepared spells, spells known, and spells in spellbook before adding wordcasting. Like an archetype, if you want to add wordcasting to a class that's beyond level 1, you can simply ignore the error message and add that option. Once selected, it will not report an error.

Wordwands, Wordpotions, and Wordscrolls are handled the same way as custom potions/wands, and scrolls have previously been handled in Hero Lab. On the Magic tab, the first three options are options that allow yo to build custom potions, scrolls, or wands. When you're selecting the spells that make up these items, you'll find that "-Wordspell-" is now the second option in each list. You can select this to build up a wordspell to go into that item.

Here's the change list for this update, copied from the FAQ:
New Releases!
  • Added the Words of Power system from Ultimate Magic.
  • Added the familiars from Ultimate Magic.
  • Added the construct modifications from Ultimate Magic.
  • Content from Undead Revisited is now available in the Campaign Setting #5 package.
  • Content from the Rival Guide is now available in the Campaign Setting #5 package.
  • Content from Humans of Golarion is now available in the Races #2 package.
  • Added player content from Pathfinder #46, Wake of the Watcher.
Enhancements & Changes
  • For spellcasters who don't cast spells spontaneously, spells on the Classes tab now have the option to select the number of times each spell has been prepared, allowing you to build a complex metamagic spell, and then prepare three copies of it, without having to rebuild it two more times. You can also set the number prepared to 0, meaning that you have not prepared that spell today, but leaving it readily available for the next time you do want to prepare it.
  • For spellcasters who cast spells spontaneously, a new "Create Favorite Metamagic Spells" (or "Create Favorite Wordspells" for a wordcaster) table has been added. This allows you to see what the final stats of your spells would be with metamagic effects applied.
  • The generic versions of the Great Old Ones from the Inner Sea World Guide have been replaced by the specific versions of those deities from Pathfinder #46. For those who still want to use the set of domains listed in the Inner Sea World Guide, a new deity; "Great Old Ones" has been added
  • Added the cantrips from the 5/24/11 paizo blog.
Bug Fixes
  • -
Data File Authoring
  • Creature Types and Subtypes now generate Race, IsRace, and AllowRCust identity tags. This allows an Alternate Racial Trait to be created that will be available to all creatures with a specific type or subtype.
  • The IsRace.rGolem tag has been added to all Golems, so that Alternate Racial Traits can be created that apply to all of them.
  • Spells can now be set so that they will not automatically be added to the spellbooks of any classes that would normally have all 0-level spells in their spellbook.
Mathias is online now   #1 Reply With Quote
CapeCodRPGER

Old July 9th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Nice, thank you. When will the black blade stuff for the blade bound magus archtype? I'm going to be running one and waiting for that.
CapeCodRPGER is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 9th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Unknown - not before Gen Con, I'm sorry to say.

Last edited by Mathias; July 9th, 2011 at 05:47 PM.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
Thursaflokkurin

Old July 19th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Great - thank you!

I notice the bug fixes portion of your message is blank - does this mean that bugs discovered since last time still remain and will be dealt with in a future update? The bug I pointed out (regarding evolutions for the serpentine form of an eidolon) still seems to be there.
Thursaflokkurin is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 19th, 2011, 10:04 AM
There's been so much to do getting all the remaining portions of UM added, working on Shadowrun, and adding Ultimate Combat, that I did not have a chance to address any of the reported bugs. I think I'll have a chance to get a few of the most critical ones finished for the next release (8/4), but I'm not certain of that. Once the rush to Gen Con wraps up, I'll be able to take the time to address more of those.
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
Thursaflokkurin

Old July 19th, 2011, 12:22 PM
OK, thanks for the information! I wasn't sure if it was overlooked. And for sure, the one I pointed out (while I'd like to see it resolved, of course) is not critical.
Thursaflokkurin is offline   #6 Reply With Quote