Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Gord

Old March 1st, 2019, 09:08 AM
While I know it is frustrating for us to have constant delays, I appreciate you posting something at all BJ.

Perhaps it is my age, Canadianness, or knowing what it is like to be dealing with this sort of thing (after having been in the game business for 41 years now), but I tend to be very forgiving of things like this). The reality is that this is a first world problem and that we need to put it in perspective. We are not living in Syria getting bombed constantly and without clean water for us or our children.

Sorry if this sounds a little preachy or too Koombiyah. If it was stopping me from gaming at all, I'd be far more up in arms.
Gord is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Murrdox

Old March 5th, 2019, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the update, BJ.

I'm hoping that the CM finally launches, and is a resounding success, and enables LWD to hire more developers, giving Realm Works a faster development pace that will let the tool realize the potential it has, and improve its customer base.
Murrdox is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old March 7th, 2019, 11:34 AM
Gord, there are no Canadians living in Alberta (I'm Kidding! Don't Hit Me!).

But that aside, it IS your Canadianess, I'm sure because I have yet to see a Canadian go up in arms over this, but I am biased.

I. AM. CANADIAN!
ErinRigh is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Philderbeast

Old March 10th, 2019, 07:20 PM
so post #16 - 19 days

And now we are AGAIN at 11 days and counting.... is it really that hard to set an outlook reminder to make a forum post.

Also as a suggestion, I don't know what lone wolf are using internally for bug tracking etc but perhaps a some simple stats if they can be gotten easily like

tickets closed: ###
new Tickets: ###
tickets blocking feature X (say content market): ###

This would give a nice simple overview that work is progressing and or that new problems are appearing causing the delays with out to much effort (hopefully) on the lone wolf site?
Philderbeast is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old March 10th, 2019, 07:32 PM
A suggestion for the team. Promising weekly updates was a noble gesture, but it's not working out. Might it be better to offer biweekly updates? Or monthly? Or bi-monthly?

Basically, is there a schedule that you can reasonably keep? And maybe have a primary and a backup so if the primary is unavailable to post the update, the backup can do it?
EightBitz is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 11th, 2019, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
A suggestion for the team. Promising weekly updates was a noble gesture, but it's not working out. Might it be better to offer biweekly updates? Or monthly? Or bi-monthly?

Basically, is there a schedule that you can reasonably keep? And maybe have a primary and a backup so if the primary is unavailable to post the update, the backup can do it?
That’s a question for Rob. I remind him frequently that they need to be made. When he doesn’t make them for a while, I try to piece together something if I have info. Were it up to me they would be made on time every Monday. I’ll bring this to his attention again today but I can’t make any promises.
BJ is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old March 11th, 2019, 07:22 AM
Darn you Rob! Darn you to HECK!!!!!
ErinRigh is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old March 11th, 2019, 02:56 PM
@Philderbeast
I think are are really overdoing it, counting the days hours minutes ecetera - I saw your post was constructive, Iam just thinking that it's simply not necessary to shell out weekly posts with tiny bits of nothing new here at the moment.

Yes it was a promise, ... there are no real news, ppl are working on it. Somebody should count how long it takes until the next complaint comes it. Wonder if we would reach double digits ever.

Imho we should not be holier than the pope. As Eightbliz suggested I think the frequency of the updates can be lowered easily, also makes up a tiny bit of room for more useful things to think about every week

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old March 12th, 2019, 03:34 AM
I just want something regular, whether it's weekly, bi-weekly, monthly. Monthly is probably sufficient.

And I want them to do what they say. If they intend to give monthly updates, say that. If they say weekly updates, then give weekly updates, or drop by the forums and say that weekly was a little too ambitious and they're backing off to monthly updates.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old March 12th, 2019, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain View Post
And I want them to do what they say. If they intend to give monthly updates, say that. If they say weekly updates, then give weekly updates, or drop by the forums and say that weekly was a little too ambitious and they're backing off to monthly updates.
The issue is that LWD has a very bad track record of following through on, well, anything. It's promises layered atop promises -- all broken. They need to build trust again with the customer base and keeping something as simple as an update schedule should have been an easy first step. Instead, they hand us another reason to trust nothing they say, even the simple things. If history is repeated, someone from LWD will get mad that we don't give them a pass on everything and blame the unreasonable forum fanatics.

I do appreciate that BJ takes the time to interact with the community. Thanks BJ.

Last edited by meek75; March 12th, 2019 at 06:24 AM.
meek75 is offline   #50 Reply With Quote