Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Shadowfoot

Old December 10th, 2022, 12:34 AM
How do I reclaim control of a campaign I previously assigned GM control to another person when there is an abandoned ongoing session?

🎲 Pathfinder 2e GM

Need spawns invention, but imagination gives rise to need. — Logic of Design
Shadowfoot is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old December 10th, 2022, 01:40 PM
Can't you just go to the member accounts under PCs and Players and change the GM assignment? Assigning GM doesn't change the Admin permissions—those still belong to the account owner who created the campaign.
mototom is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Shadowfoot

Old December 11th, 2022, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mototom View Post
Can't you just go to the member accounts under PCs and Players and change the GM assignment? Assigning GM doesn't change the Admin permissions—those still belong to the account owner who created the campaign.
No, I can't. It won't allow me because it is in an ongoing game session. I'm sure I could if there was no ongoing session.

🎲 Pathfinder 2e GM

Shadowfoot is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old December 11th, 2022, 08:14 AM
Ah, I understand. And the GM has gone totally dark and is unwilling to just close the session? Yeesh.
mototom is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 11th, 2022, 01:15 PM
Hey all,

Thank you for letting us know about the situation, it sounds like there is a corner case we may not have foreseen with an Active session causing trouble. We are going to get the team to investigate what is going on and to review the options to change/fix the underlying problem if we aren't able to find a suitable workaround for the current situation.

Just to be sure though, Shadowfoot, please send an email to the address in my signature so we can get a proper documentation trail and to gather a bit more info about the Campaign in question. Talk soon, thanks!

--
Ryan Furnas
Customer/Technical Support
<support@wolflair.com>
Ryan F is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Shadowfoot

Old December 11th, 2022, 09:07 PM
Thanks, I'll be seeing the GM tomorrow, and will be able to resolve it then. We just had 2 weeks off and I wanted to claim it back. My players use one that is generally used for one-off adventures for testing out new character concepts without cluttering up the main campaign. One player wanted me to review a concept that might come into play tomorrow.

It does seem like an edge case, especially as I have the option to retire the campaign.

🎲 Pathfinder 2e GM

Shadowfoot is offline   #6 Reply With Quote