Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Fenris447

Old March 28th, 2019, 07:49 AM
Doing a quick sanity check here; am I correct in my findings that you cannot see a monster's damage resistances, immunities, and vulnerabilities from the main Hero Lab windows? I know they're programmed in, as I can see them when I output something's stat block, and that they're visible in the editor.

Same goes for the melee range of a natural melee weapon. For example, I just input MTOF's Phoenix. Its natural melee weapons each have a range of 15 ft. This doesn't show up anywhere other than an output stat block and the editor.

Am I doing something wrong here, or is this just how HL is set up for 5e?

I typically run my games from the tactical console and use the main view of the portfolio for more details. I'd prefer to have this information readily available without needing the monsters pulled up in a separate window or in print at my table. It just seems weird that we can't see it all.
Fenris447 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old March 28th, 2019, 11:48 AM
They should be listed at the top of the Specials tab. Also, if you activate the 'Show Full Statblock Summary Window' option under Configure Hero, it shows up there.

I hope I understood, and thus answered, your question.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old March 28th, 2019, 12:50 PM
Yeah you got it. I look dumb now, but you got it.

Last edited by Fenris447; March 28th, 2019 at 12:54 PM.
Fenris447 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old March 28th, 2019, 02:43 PM
When I set up my encounter in advance, i ALWAYS SET 'Show Full Statblock Summary Window'. Makes things easier when I run.
I just wish there was an option that you could set 'Show Full Statblock Summary Window' seperately for just all non-pc creatures/monsters. It's minorly irritating to have to set each selected creature manually.

Mergon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old March 28th, 2019, 05:23 PM
That was my immediate thought after looking at the feature, too. It looks crazy helpful for them, entirely unhelpful for PC's.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old March 28th, 2019, 07:13 PM
Sorry for the caps in my last post.

Mergon is offline   #6 Reply With Quote