Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Cortex System

Notices

TCArknight

Old May 24th, 2010, 03:46 PM
I've got a couple of answers I could really use for some Serenity-related files.

1) I'm trying to add 2 die steps to an attribute chosen from a menu. I tried:
perform field[usrChosen1].chosen.field[trtBonus].modify[+,2,"Cyber"]

However I keep getting something about an attempt to perform history modification on thing.

2) Is there a way to bootstrap a specific choice for an asset? I have:
<bootstrap thing="asSeSharpS"></bootstrap>

However, I still have to manually change the choice of the Sharp sense to Hearing. I'd like to have that automatically part of the bootstrap.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thomas
TCArknight is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 24th, 2010, 04:06 PM
In the editor for that asset, find the "Menu #1 Source", which should be just under where you specified that attributes are being searched for, and select "All Picks on Hero", rather than leaving it blank. Hopefully that wil have it looking for attributes as picks, rather than attributes as things.

In the develop menu, make sure that the first option, "Enable Data File Debugging" is enabled. Now, add Sharp Senses to a character, and right-click on it. Select "Show Debug Fields for Sharp Sense: Vision". Now, while watching that list (you may want to expand it a bit), change the sense for Sharp Senses. You'll find that the choice is being stored in the usrSelect field.

Now, back to the editor. Go to the bootstrap of Sharp Senses on your new asset, and press the "Fields" button. "Click to Add Another Field", and then enter "usrSelect" as the Field Id, and "Hearing" as the field value. Now, the Sharp Senses asset will be pre-assigned as Sharp Senses: Hearing when bootstrapped (although the user can change it - nothing you can do about that).
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old May 24th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Thank you very much!

Both of those worked. I'd had the Menu #1 Source to "All Things" instead.

This will be a big help!

Thomas
TCArknight is offline   #3 Reply With Quote