Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition

Notices

Gryndehl

Old June 5th, 2011, 05:02 PM
I am trying to input my beastmaster ranger, but there seems to be no way to specify my animal companion (a raptor).

Also, when entering found items in the RPGA tab, if I later get rid of the item, it should automatically go to "Item Sold" instead of "No Selection"

Last edited by Gryndehl; June 5th, 2011 at 05:06 PM.
Gryndehl is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old June 6th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Once a slot if filled you can not replace it in the RPGA, so when you get rid of it I would believe you sell it (for the 20% cost value) unless you just drop it, but the slot was still used.
Now I dont like the rule but that is it. page 10 Living Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide, INTERIM Version 2.0 (October 2010).
SAbel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 8th, 2011, 02:32 PM
That's what Gryn is saying. Right now when I select an Item and map it to the module it came from, when I sell it, it switches to "no selection" which causes the verification report to fail my LFR characters because I have item slots that have unselected items.
cryptoknight is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old June 9th, 2011, 08:31 AM
The RPG menu comes with an "Item Sold" option at the top of the drop menu.
SAbel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 6th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Unfortunately there's no way to automatically change a sold item to "Item Sold" instead of "No Selection". That's a good idea, though - I'll add it to our to-do list.
Colen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ledeir

Old August 27th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryndehl View Post
I am trying to input my beastmaster ranger, but there seems to be no way to specify my animal companion (a raptor).

Also, when entering found items in the RPGA tab, if I later get rid of the item, it should automatically go to "Item Sold" instead of "No Selection"
Was there every any answer to the first part of this person's question?
I am testing out DnD support on HeroLab before deciding if I want to buy a license.

Under the companions I don't see any of the core beast companion types...
Did my data download miss them? Are they disabled in the demo version? Or am I just blind? (entirely possible)

Thanks
J.R.
ledeir is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
DarkSpiral

Old September 5th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledeir View Post
Was there every any answer to the first part of this person's question?
I am testing out DnD support on HeroLab before deciding if I want to buy a license.

Under the companions I don't see any of the core beast companion types...
Did my data download miss them? Are they disabled in the demo version? Or am I just blind? (entirely possible)

Thanks
J.R.
I was looking around for this too, in the full version. I'd have to say, keeping in mind I've only used HL for a few days, that the Beast Companions aren't implemented. You can add normal animal companions (a riding- or war-horse, for example) but not the ranger or sentinel druid beast companions, and thus add them to the stats on the powercards.
DarkSpiral is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
TehBagder

Old February 5th, 2012, 09:31 AM
I just ran into this problem myself as I started rebuilding my family's party in Hero Lab. The solution is to create a Monster NPC that is an ally of the party at Level 1. Then put in the base attributes for the animal. Now, increase it to the appropriate level as the player. Manually modify the Hit Points value based on what is in the book for the beast. Add in the attacks naturally. Cross over any special abilities that your Ranger gets that apply to the creature.

It's not perfect, but it's a workable solution.
TehBagder is offline   #8 Reply With Quote