Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Krystal_vixine

Old October 7th, 2017, 09:11 PM
I am playing in a Thunderscape campaign, and my DM has created a class that has the ability to cast spells as a wizard. I am not able to get the program to let me use spells unless I take a level of wizard. Is there a way to make it so I can cast my spells? Also how do I make a weapon masterwork in this system?

Last edited by Krystal_vixine; October 9th, 2017 at 07:08 AM.
Krystal_vixine is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old October 11th, 2017, 03:20 AM
I'll answer the easy one first.

Masterwork Weapons:
On the Weapons tab, the first section is "Magic, Custom & Masterwork Weapons".
Click "New Magic, Custom or Masterwork weapon of size: <whatever size your character is>"

Then at the very top of the list, you should see " - Custom / magic weapon". Click that.

Now "Click to Choose Weapon", then check the "Masterwork" box.

Spells:
If you go to the "Personal Tab", you can add permanent adjustments. If you go to the "Adjust" tab, you can add adjustments there as well. These adjustments include spell-casting abilities. It's a cumbersome way to do it, though, because you have to add each spell individually.

You can always opt to create a new class through the editor, but someone besides me would have to help you with that.
EightBitz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 11th, 2017, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal_vixine View Post
I am playing in a Thunderscape campaign, and my DM has created a class that has the ability to cast spells as a wizard. I am not able to get the program to let me use spells unless I take a level of wizard. Is there a way to make it so I can cast my spells? Also how do I make a weapon masterwork in this system?
Spells are linked to a Class by its Unique ID. So even if your new class was copied from Wizard you would have a new Unique ID and have no access to wizard spells.

In the editor go to the "Class->Class" tab and look for the button next to "Uses Which Spells". Click on 'Edit' and select wizard. Now your new class will reference all the spells the wizard class can.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Kaleb

Old October 11th, 2017, 03:51 PM
There is a very cumbersome work around to this problem of spell being tied to the unique ID. You have to go to the magic tab and then the spell tab and for each spell you want the new class to use after you have created the class you go to the spell tab and search for the spell select the spell then use by class check box and select your new class and then you can use the spell.
Kaleb is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Krystal_vixine

Old October 11th, 2017, 05:41 PM
Wow, I thought it would be easier. Here is the data I have created so far
Attached Files
File Type: email Arcane Rune Warrior.user (29.6 KB, 2 views)
Krystal_vixine is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Krystal_vixine

Old October 11th, 2017, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Spells are linked to a Class by its Unique ID. So even if your new class was copied from Wizard you would have a new Unique ID and have no access to wizard spells.

In the editor go to the "Class->Class" tab and look for the button next to "Uses Which Spells". Click on 'Edit' and select wizard. Now your new class will reference all the spells the wizard class can.
I tried that multiple times, for some reason that doesn't work.
Krystal_vixine is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old October 11th, 2017, 07:07 PM
Quote:
I tried that multiple times, for some reason that doesn't work.
I have to assume you forgot to do "Test Now!" or restart HL. I loaded up your user file and it clearly shows all wizard, bard and cleric spells for you new class "Arcane Rune Warrior".

After you make any change in the editor you have to do Test Now! for that specific Thing or do a CTRL-R to restart HL which also loads the .user files into memory.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Krystal_vixine

Old October 11th, 2017, 07:47 PM
Quote:
I have to assume you forgot to do "Test Now!" or restart HL. I loaded up your user file and it clearly shows all wizard, bard and cleric spells for you new class "Arcane Rune Warrior".

After you make any change in the editor you have to do Test Now! for that specific Thing or do a CTRL-R to restart HL which also loads the .user files into memory.
Odd, When I try it (After doing the "Test Now") It says I need to take a level of wizard. Did you make any changes?
Krystal_vixine is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old October 11th, 2017, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Odd, When I try it (After doing the "Test Now") It says I need to take a level of wizard. Did you make any changes?
Nope. What says you need a level of wizard?

I thought we are talking about getting access to wizard spells so you can add them to your character. But if something is giving you a "warning" I think you are looking at something else.

Provide either exact steps or screen shots so I can follow what your seeing.

Thanks!

P.S. - You have this character setup as a warmage as its casting type and not needing a spell book. So I just went to the Arcane Rune Warrior tab after adding a level and was able to select spells because warmages do not require spell books.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Krystal_vixine

Old October 11th, 2017, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Nope. What says you need a level of wizard?

I thought we are talking about getting access to wizard spells so you can add them to your character. But if something is giving you a "warning" I think you are looking at something else.

Provide either exact steps or screen shots so I can follow what your seeing.

Thanks!

P.S. - You have this character setup as a warmage as its casting type and not needing a spell book. So I just went to the Arcane Rune Warrior tab after adding a level and was able to select spells because warmages do not require spell books.
Oops... I forgot about that. I was getting frustrated with the system and it was getting late when I did that change. Here are the screen shots of what I am getting. I changed the user data back to wizard, and double checked that the beginning spell book was for a wizard. Also the changed file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zt9pj7j6st...Shots.zip?dl=0
Attached Files
File Type: email Arcane Rune Warrior.user (29.6 KB, 3 views)
Krystal_vixine is offline   #10 Reply With Quote