Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 29th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Mathias,

I'm trying to figure out how to limit the tag expression so that prepared spell choice is limited to the spells in the spellbook. I can't seem to understand what part of the spell expression tells herolab to limit it to spellbook spells though.

I have two tag expressions set up so far
Code:
  cSplBkExpr = (spClass.cMage) & !Hide.Spell & !Helper.Helper
for the spell book expression

and
Code:
  cSpellExpr = (spClass.cMage & Spellbook.cMage) & !Hide.Spell & !Helper.Helper
for pathfinder I noticed there is an extra bit in the cSpellExpr tag expr,
Code:
hero#HasWizSplb
What is this piece used for?

Here is my portal for prepared spells:
Code:
  <portal
    id="clSpellAdd"
    style="tblInvis">
    <table_dynamic
      component="Spell"
      showtemplate="clSpelThin"
      choosetemplate="clSpelPick"
      showsortset="Spells"
      choosesortset="Spells"
      useagentadd="yes"
      useagentcandidate="yes"
      agentlist="SpellSort"
      agentautotag="SpellSort"
      useagentlinkage="yes"
      candidatefield="clSpelExpr">
      <list></list>
      <candidate></candidate>
      <headertitle><![CDATA[
        @text = "Spells" 
        ]]></headertitle>
      <additem>
        @text = "Add Prepared Spells"
        </additem>
      </table_dynamic>
    </portal>

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.

Last edited by RavenX; April 29th, 2014 at 07:09 PM.
RavenX is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 30th, 2014, 07:51 AM
Since the 0-level spells are added free to all the spellbooks, even a starting character has some spells there, so their cSpellExpr is not empty, and generates a list of spells to choose from. So, we want to force the user to add some more spells to their spellbook before preparing spells. That tag is only added to the hero if there are user-added spells at level > 0. Otherwise, we get bug reports about wizards not being able to select spells - people prepare spells before adding spells to their spellbook. With that tag in the expression, the automatic spells are hidden until some manually added spells are present.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old April 30th, 2014, 08:37 AM
So I'm guessing the reason my prepared spells aren't showing up is based on the agent list and list tag expressions?

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 30th, 2014, 08:49 AM
I can't help without seeing all the tags on the spells in the spellbook of your test character - this is something you'll need to study - why is this tag expression not matching the spells I want it to match.

Also, spelling - your portal calls the field clSpelExpr, your listing of the expressions call it cSpellExpr.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old April 30th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Mathias,

I've attached a screen shot showing the pick fields for the Mage class and tags for the Spell Affect Normal Fires from the spellbook.
Attached Images
File Type: png Spell tags.png (476.6 KB, 5 views)

RavenX is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 30th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Actually, it doesn't look like the problem is in the tags.

Study the choosepicks setting that's available for the tables.

Hint: in d20/pathfinder, there are actually separate tables for the spells for a spellbook caster and the spells for a non-spellbook caster.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old April 30th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Added

choosepicks="container"

And now the list of spells from the spellbook is appearing.
Based on what you're telling me, I'll need a completely different table for non-spellbook casters because they don't need spellbooks so hero lab would throw an error searching for a non-existant spell list. I'll build a new table to handle divine spontaneous casters. Thanks for the help on this.

RavenX is offline   #7 Reply With Quote