Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

Jay_NOLA

Old March 17th, 2018, 12:32 PM
Solomon Kane bugs

Noticed these bugs with the 1.5 version.

1.) Duplicate Weapons show up in the gear list. Some are "defult version" and others are Solomon Kane version. The default versions weren't percluded.
Note: when fixing Great Sword is spelled as one word and as two, so it is easy to miss fixing it. Some other non-Solomon Kane weapons are showing up too.

2.) Modern and Futuristic Weapons show up as available.

4.) Range Weapons have melee weapons bug as in 1.

5.) Range Weapons have melee weapons bug as in 2.

6.) Gear has same bug as in 1.

7.) Gear has same bug as in 2.

Bugs are easy to fix just time consuming to fix them all.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old March 18th, 2018, 06:01 AM
Modern and Futuristic weapons should only show if you have those selected. Be sure to scroll down on the character source selection screen and uncheck those if you don't want to see them.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Jay_NOLA

Old March 19th, 2018, 02:23 PM
That making sure Modern and Future aren't checked for gear doesn't for the Solomon Kane Rule set as it removes some weapons like Flamethrower that are in Solomon Kane.

Also the Solomon Kane version of weapons and gear don't have all the exact same stats as non-Solomon Kane ones. Cost is different for example.

Finally spotted some other bugs:

A Solomon Kane character gets 5 pounds to start with but the Hero Lab is giving starting funds at 500 and it is showing a dollar symbol for cost and cash instead of a pound symbol.

This basically is giving a character 100x starting money and when coupled with the Gear/Weapons/Armor bugs which give for example a dagger at a cost of 25 and another at a cost of 0.10 means that character can get more equipment than he or she ought to have or buy a incorrect cost version and pay much more. In the dagger example 0.10 is the SK version and 25 is the non-SK version since starting funds are different.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 19th, 2018, 03:30 PM
Solomon Kane was done before the cash symbol was allowed to be changed. I'll take a look at it. Thanks!

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 19th, 2018, 04:12 PM
Flamethrower still shows up for me in Special Weapons if Solomon Kane is selected.

However, I updated Solomon Kane to take advantage of the cash symbol change. Plus I disabled Standard gear and fixed the starting cash.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Jay_NOLA

Old March 20th, 2018, 01:01 PM
1.6 is giving an error preclude to non existent thing wpTaser.

Also, spotted 2 other bugs

Lockpicking skill and Stealth skill descriptions are different is SK. Stealth pick pocketing and sleight of hand is done with Lockpicking instead.

SK doesn't use power points.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Jay_NOLA

Old March 20th, 2018, 01:11 PM
Edited to remove duplicate of above)
Jay_NOLA is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
EricaOdd

Old March 21st, 2018, 03:13 AM
All of my Savage Settings disappeared after I applied this update, and I'm also getting the wpTaser error.

The only Savage Worlds books that are showing up for me now are the core books and the Companions.
EricaOdd is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
EricaOdd

Old March 21st, 2018, 03:28 AM
I deleted the Savage Worlds game and re-downloaded everything but the new SK update, and my setting books are all back.
EricaOdd is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old March 21st, 2018, 04:40 AM
Whenever you see only the core and Companion books listed it just means that one of the data files had an error loading and so the program assumes you NEEDED that thing and just won't load the rest of the data files. It just means you need to either fix or remove the file the error came from, is all. You don't need to delete anything else, if that will save you some time if it happens again.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #10 Reply With Quote