Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

SeeleyOne

Old July 24th, 2016, 12:29 PM
Whatever, I recognized it right off. But that was after reading the comments here. You can keep the id the same, but renaming how it appears as Zaphod recommends might be a good idea.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
EricaOdd

Old July 24th, 2016, 03:49 PM
Two questions:

1. I see that there's a modifier for Super Sorcery, to give yourself a power as a spell. In a future update, could something like that be done for the Invent power, too?

2. How do you add Super Power Points to minions? I can make a minion easily enough using the NPC option of the Configure Hero menu, but how do you give them Power Points purchased via the Minions power? When you add the AB Super Powers, it defaults to giving them 10 pp if I don't have a power level checked.
EricaOdd is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 25th, 2016, 05:03 PM
1) Hmmm... I don't see why not.

2) Give them the AB, and then adjust the number of Power Points available with a Permanent Adjustment. How are you creating the Minions? If you use the Allies tab, it should inherit all those settings from the Hero. If you are only getting the 10, make sure it's not the basic Super Powers you are seeing as opposed to the Super Powers Companion Super Powers.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
EricaOdd

Old July 25th, 2016, 06:31 PM
When I use the Allies tab, I don't see a Super Powers tab for them even if I give them power points using an adjustment on the Personal tab. If they are inheriting the power points from the Minion power on the main hero, then there's no option to spend them as the Super Powers tab isn't showing up.

When I give them the Super Powers edge, they get 45 points (I have the 4-color option chosen). I can only apply -9 Power Points via the adjustment on the Personal tab, so I can't get them down to their low PP level.

Edit: I can get them down in PP by adding multiple instances of a -9 PP adjustment.

Last edited by EricaOdd; July 25th, 2016 at 06:35 PM.
EricaOdd is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old July 26th, 2016, 12:40 PM
Ah, OK. I had removed the filter that limited it to +9. I also need to fix the one for -9 as well. Thanks!

_
_
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
CapedCrusader is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
rickjonzz

Old December 28th, 2016, 07:41 AM
So, I've been trying to wrap my head around using HL for supers by trying to build the NPCs as PCs, but I run into chicken and egg problems, where I'm not sure what a character bought with Advancements vs what they had as a starting character. Is there a good guide for how to take characters from sourcebooks and properly build them?

Thanks
rickjonzz is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old December 28th, 2016, 08:48 AM
Not really, and it may not really be possible in some sense anyway because, technically, NPC do not have to meet the same rule requirements as PCs (as is mentioned with some regularity on the Pinnacle forums.) Now Archetypes SHOULD follow the rules, but they don't necessarily always do so. Mostly, though, Advances shouldn't throw you too many loops and I wouldn't call that a Supers issue anyway (since Advances are going to happen after all Super Power Points get spent, except in the rarer instance when using something like the "Rising Stars" setting rule, which personally I don't recommend using anyway having played several campaigns with and without that setting rule.) While it is true that some Advances can affect some super powers (most notably Super Attribute and Super Skill) overall the Advances shouldn't throw you too big of a loop trying to figure out.

Probably the best place to ask about that would be the Pinnacle forums, though, or on the forums for the sourcebook you are getting your NPCs from, with which NPCs in particular you are running into issues with. Lots of helpful and experienced folks who may be able to help walk you through a few of the examples, or you could try starting a new thread here (I wouldn't use this one since, IMHO, it's really more for specific questions or issues with the new SPC2 data file update rather than more generic questions like that.)

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old December 30th, 2016, 01:57 PM
Yeah, that's more of an issue of running into a few of the order-of-operations things you can occasionally hit with SW than an issue with the software, per se.
Paragon is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old January 6th, 2017, 11:16 AM
Which NPC's are you trying to create? I've run into that a lot, where they don't necessarily use the PC character creation rules to create NPC's.

_
_
CapedCrusader is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
dragonwithlotus

Old January 13th, 2017, 05:57 PM
Hi-

Is there some box on the creator that I should be checking to access the SPC-2? I have been clicking the SPC-2 box (although it used to work) it is not currently populating a super powers tab. Does anyone have any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!
dragonwithlotus is offline   #30 Reply With Quote