Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 18th, 2016, 06:34 AM
Hi everyone,

Version 5.0 of the Savage Worlds data files, including the Super Powers Companion 2nd edition, is out now! Thanks to CapedCrusader's hard work, anyone with the SPC package is now able to create characters with SPC 2nd edition, as well as SPC 1st edition.
Colen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old July 18th, 2016, 12:16 PM
This is really good news! Many thanks to CapedCrusader!

I have made lots of SPC2 characters using Zarlor's temporary unofficial file, and haven't yet had chance to send them to PDF or text. I need to reinstall my laptop soon so I can't do it now.

I have a copy of Zarlor's file that I downloaded last week. Would Zarlor's file work on top of the Version 5.0 file?

This might seem like sour grapes, but really isn't though.

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 18th, 2016, 01:21 PM
I'll defer to zarlor on the compatibility question.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old July 18th, 2016, 02:54 PM
No, it shouldn't be compatible for the most part. I mean some things MIGHT work, but overall it's not hard to print or pdf a sheet and just rebuild with the new, much better, setup CC made for us. I didn't get much chance to play with this yet like I've wanted to, but I'm pretty sure from what I've seen so far it will definitely be worth it to switch over. That also reminds me I need to take down my data file since I said I would when the official one was released!

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old July 18th, 2016, 05:26 PM
Yay!!!

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old July 20th, 2016, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
...it's not hard to print or pdf a sheet and just rebuild with the new, much better, setup CC made for us...
Oh indeed not! I was vastly over-inflating in my head how many characters I had to do this for, also was aware of the impending Win 10 free upgrade cut-off on the 29th and have several things to do that are not RP related.

However, I've bitten the bullet, and after doing some research into it, upgraded to Win 10 *without* reinstalling my lappie as I wanted. I can do that soon though. Happy to say that HL is working okay, though I've just had to jump through hoops to work out how to manually reactivate my licence as if I'd used the automated feature, I would have needed to get V5 first, which is the very thing I am putting off...

Looking forward to getting some SPC2 usage v soon! (As soon as I've PDFed the characters...)

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
EricaOdd

Old July 23rd, 2016, 08:41 AM
I'm building some characters and I can't figure out how Super Karma is supposed to work.

I'm making a Four Color hero, with Super Karma turned on. However, her Power Point total is still showing 45, not 55. A Four Color hero should get +10 PP with Super Karma turned on.

How do you get the correct number of power points to display?

EDIT: I figured this out. You have to use the Permanent Modifiers option on the Personal tab.

Last edited by EricaOdd; July 23rd, 2016 at 09:28 AM.
EricaOdd is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
EricaOdd

Old July 23rd, 2016, 09:03 AM
Also, how do you make multiple Resistances a single device? Right now it looks like each element it applies to is a separate power as far as applying modifiers go, which is incorrect by my reading of the rules.

Last edited by EricaOdd; July 23rd, 2016 at 11:30 AM.
EricaOdd is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
EricaOdd

Old July 23rd, 2016, 11:29 AM
Switchable doesn't seem to work right either.

If I build a 12 point power (including 2 points for Switchable), it lets me build a 12 point power to switch to. It should only let me build a 10 point power.

The power you switch to has a point cost equal to the main power minus the Switchable cost.
EricaOdd is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 23rd, 2016, 11:48 AM
Erica - The extra points fort Super Karma are in a Reward on the Edges/Hindrances/Rewards tab. Since they changed it so you can use the Super Karma to give you a normal Reward instead of just the points, we added the extra Super Power Points as a Reward. This is why we had to allow Rewards to be unique now.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is online now   #10 Reply With Quote