Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 15th, 2013, 08:15 AM
The positioning fix was a very subtle thing.

Old:
Code:

~if the height the tables exceeds the available space, we need to divvy
      ~up that space between the tables
      if (portal[oArmor].height + portal[oWeapon].height + portal[oMagicArmr].height + portal[oMagicWeap].height > remain) then
        ~if the armor table is less than half the space, limit the weapon table
        ~to whatever space is leftover
        if (portal[oArmor].height + portal[oMagicArmr].height < remain / 2) then
          portal[oMagicWeap].height = remain - portal[oArmor].height + portal[oMagicArmr].height
          portal[oWeapon].height = remain - portal[oArmor].height + portal[oMagicArmr].height + portal[oMagicWeap].height
        ~if the weapon table is less than half the space, limit the armor table
        elseif (portal[oWeapon].height + portal[oMagicWeap].height < remain / 2) then
          portal[oMagicArmr].height = remain - portal[oWeapon].height + portal[oMagicWeap].height
          portal[oArmor].height = remain - portal[oWeapon].height + portal[oMagicWeap].height + portal[oMagicArmr].height
        ~otherwise, both tables are larger than half the space, so we need to limit
        ~the height of both of them
        ~NOTE! If we just divide the remaining amount by two and set both tables to
        ~that height, we could end up with both tables being truncated by more than
        ~a half item, with the combined height being a full item short of taking up
        ~the full space. So we have to set the height of one table to half the
        ~remaining space, then subtract that table's final height from our remaining
        ~space, and finally set that as the height for the second table.
        else
          portal[oMagicWeap].height = minimum(portal[oMagicWeap].height,remain / 2)
          portal[oWeapon].height = (remain / 2) - portal[oMagicWeap].height
          portal[oMagicArmr].height = remain - (portal[oWeapon].height + portal[oMagicWeap].height)
          portal[oArmor].height = (remain / 2) - portal[oMagicArmr].height
          endif
        endif
New:
Code:

~if the height the tables exceeds the available space, we need to divvy
      ~up that space between the tables
      if (portal[oArmor].height + portal[oWeapon].height + portal[oMagicArmr].height + portal[oMagicWeap].height > remain) then
        ~if the armor table is less than half the space, limit the weapon table
        if (portal[oArmor].height + portal[oMagicArmr].height < remain / 2) then
          portal[oMagicWeap].height = remain - portal[oArmor].height - portal[oMagicArmr].height
          portal[oWeapon].height = remain - portal[oArmor].height - portal[oMagicArmr].height - portal[oMagicWeap].height
        ~if the weapon table is less than half the space, limit the armor table
        elseif (portal[oWeapon].height + portal[oMagicWeap].height < remain / 2) then
          portal[oMagicArmr].height = remain - portal[oWeapon].height - portal[oMagicWeap].height
          portal[oArmor].height = remain - portal[oWeapon].height - portal[oMagicWeap].height - portal[oMagicArmr].height
        ~otherwise, both tables are larger than half the space, so we need to limit
        ~the height of both of them
        ~NOTE! If we just divide the remaining amount by two and set both tables to
        ~that height, we could end up with both tables being truncated by more than
        ~a half item, with the combined height being a full item short of taking up
        ~the full space. So we have to set the height of one table to half the
        ~remaining space, then subtract that table's final height from our remaining
        ~space, and finally set that as the height for the second table.
        else
          portal[oMagicWeap].height = minimum(portal[oMagicWeap].height,remain / 2)
          portal[oWeapon].height = (remain / 2) - portal[oMagicWeap].height
          portal[oMagicArmr].height = remain - (portal[oWeapon].height - portal[oMagicWeap].height)
          portal[oArmor].height = (remain / 2) - portal[oMagicArmr].height
          endif
        endif
On 5 lines, some of the + were changed to -.
Mathias is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 15th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Real subtle, I completely missed that! v1.3 is now up, then.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old September 15th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Sorry, No power points still only works if it's checked in the configure hero window in your character sheet, it doesn't work if it's checked in the setting tab. bummer.
jbearwillis is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
atimrogers

Old September 15th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Thanks zarlor; I didn't mean to cut into your vacation -- I was just shooting my mouth off while I was thinking about it.
atimrogers is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 15th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearwillis View Post
Sorry, No power points still only works if it's checked in the configure hero window in your character sheet, it doesn't work if it's checked in the setting tab. bummer.
But it works on the default sheet? I don't know what it is, then. Caped, Mathias? Any ideas what else I might have missed?

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
atimrogers

Old September 15th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Uh-oh, installing the new sheet (v 1.3) makes my HeroLab cry. I get this error after selecting SW:

Quote:
The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Syntax error in 'position' script for Layout 'zAdjust' on line 14
-> Non-existent portal 'oNzInjury' used by script
And if I say okay and carry on, it gets upset with me if I load a character with a custom.user file -- can't find the items from that file (I think):

Quote:
Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio! A record of these errors can be found in the file "/var/folders/g5/q083w68n6y1__2rky8_zmx1m0000gn/T/hero_lab_load_issues.log". If you notice incorrect behaviors in your portfolio, please report it to the data file authors (you can contact them from the Help menu).

One or more required sources are not accessible for hero 'Phrimrata Nom'. Subsequent errors may be the result of this problem.
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Darjuhistan Rising'
Chained pick 'trCharisma' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '64'
Chained pick 'skKnow' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '77'
Pick 'eqDarjRope' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '166'
Pick 'eqDarjGH' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '167'
Pick 'eqDarjSmH' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '168'
Pick 'eqDarjSat' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '169'
Pick 'eqDarjSat' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '170'
Pick 'armDarjLea' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '171'
Pick 'eqDarjLClo' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '172'
Pick 'powHid1' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '178'
Pick 'powHid2' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '179'
Pick 'powHid3' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '180'
Pick 'powHid4' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '181'
Pick 'powHid5' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '182'
Pick 'wpDarjRep' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '186'
Pick 'powMysC1' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '187'
Pick 'powMysC2' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '188'
Pick 'powMysC3' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '189'
Pick 'powMysC4' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '190'
Pick 'powMysC5' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '191'
Pick 'wpDarjThKn' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '192'
Pick 'racDarjDar' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '193'
Pick 'facDarjMea' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '194'
Lookup of pick failed due to premature reference during load
I'm thinking this may be the problem my GM had with the first version of this character sheet, although I didn't have that problem.

Deleting both extended sheet.user files and the dossiers.user file made the errors go away.

Edit: I just re-downloaded and re-installed v1.3 and tried to open a character with the Solomon Kane .user data, and got the same type of errors, but bigger and more (presumably b/c there was a lot more meat to that file).

Last edited by atimrogers; September 15th, 2013 at 07:21 PM.
atimrogers is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 15th, 2013, 08:08 PM
All of the rest of those errors come from the "oNzInjury" error, it just prevented all of your other data files from compiling. That's what I get for trying to push it through and forgetting to test. That's all my fault and I'm sorry about that. v1.4 is up now and should have that fixed.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 15th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Oh, and that would not have been the error your GM had with the first sheet. The error you were getting would affect anyone using that 1.3 version and was not an issue in the earlier versions. It was just something I missed. I still have no clue what your GMs issue could possibly have been since I'd definitely tested that version and it was fine, but it may have been some odd interference maybe with a custom .user file?

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
atimrogers

Old September 16th, 2013, 05:03 AM
Thanks. That update worked, and the activated adjustments correction was working, too, with both overlong lists of weapons and overlong lists of powers. I thought jbear had managed to load and use v1.3 because of some comment he made, so I thought the error might have been more specific to my own abuse of HL.
atimrogers is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 16th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Yeah, I guess jbear was basing his assessment on 1.2. That thing you ran into was just something I noticed with a global replace I had done that kind of changed the name of something so it didn't look right (NzInjury rather than NoInjury) so I changed it in the obvious spot where I saw it but forgot to look for other instances. I still don't know what to do to fix the problem jbear is seeing, though. Nothing is jumping out at me that's obviously different between the files other than the name changes that had to go in so they wouldn't conflict with the original names in the Standard files and those few other things I had to change to make sure everything was allowed to flow across columns and pages as well as changing the use of summary text to descript text. So it wasn't really a ton of stuff and I have no clue why that no power points thing would behave differently between.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #30 Reply With Quote