Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

atimrogers

Old September 13th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Cool. That's most excellent, my dude.

I have a couple questions based on my playing around.

1) Would it be easy to incorporate the activated adjustments fix that went into the new update into this character sheet

2) Would it be easy to format the personal data so that it will scroll onto further columns? Right now, it still seems to stop at the end of the first column of text.

Thanks,
Tim
atimrogers is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 14th, 2013, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atimrogers View Post
Cool. That's most excellent, my dude.

I have a couple questions based on my playing around.

1) Would it be easy to incorporate the activated adjustments fix that went into the new update into this character sheet
The sheet is already set-up to handle any adjustment that is activate, so it will show permanent adjustments or any of the Activated or Temporary adjustments, but only when the checkbox to activate it on the in-play tab is checked.

Quote:
2) Would it be easy to format the personal data so that it will scroll onto further columns? Right now, it still seems to stop at the end of the first column of text.
If I can figure it out I can try. What, specific, personal data is not scrolling? That might help me to figure it out.

As for the error your friend was getting after installing this .hl file, I have no idea what he might have been running into. I packaged it like every other .hl file I've done and tested it with no issues. I'm sorry he ran into problems, but especially for something I've done I'm happy to try and help figure it out if he wants to log on here and give us some details on the issue.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 14th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Quote:
No, - this is a limitation of the printing mechanism used in Hero Lab - we can't record the amount of progress it's made through a gigantic block of text if that text can't be output in the first space Hero Lab tries to place it in. If you have that much to say about your character's background, I recommend word processors, since those will let you apply much more formatting to your text. You also probably won't be changing your background often, so you can just print the background once and then keep it with the rest of the character sheet, through many reprints of the character sheet itself.
Mathias is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
atimrogers

Old September 14th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
The sheet is already set-up to handle any adjustment that is activate, so it will show permanent adjustments or any of the Activated or Temporary adjustments, but only when the checkbox to activate it on the in-play tab is checked.
Actually, the fix I was referring to was the fix that keeps overlong weapons or powers sections from writing on top of the the activated adjustments section and instead scrolls them onto the next page when they bump up against that section (this was corrected in the new update; before this, those sections would just print on top of the activated adjustments record). Basically, I suspect all it would require would be updating your extended character sheet to build off the character sheet included in update that just came out. But I'm not the guy who's smart enough to do it.
atimrogers is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
atimrogers

Old September 14th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
No, - this is a limitation of the printing mechanism used in Hero Lab - we can't record the amount of progress it's made through a gigantic block of text if that text can't be output in the first space Hero Lab tries to place it in. If you have that much to say about your character's background, I recommend word processors, since those will let you apply much more formatting to your text. You also probably won't be changing your background often, so you can just print the background once and then keep it with the rest of the character sheet, through many reprints of the character sheet itself.
Okay, thanks. We were actually using that section to incorporate/record evolving spell books that modified the SW Arcane Power system too much to work easily with the HL SW Arcane powers. We had already figured it was probably going to be better to create word processor documents or use the journal section in some way, but I thought I'd ask if in case we could get it onto the sheet (so it all would have a uniform look).

I appreciate the feedback. And the great new form, zarlor!
atimrogers is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old September 14th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Hey zarlor, I have found out one thing that doesn't work with your character sheets but works with the normal one and I'm not sure if you can get it to work.

1) In the setting adjustment tab Cape added the no power points. If I have that checked in my setting tab, I don't have to have it checked in the configure hero window for it to work correctly on the normal print out sheet, but on your sheet for some reason the setting adjustment for no power points doesn't work without the no power points box checked in the configure hero window. Any idea how to get it to work with your sheets.
jbearwillis is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 14th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Actually, the fix I was referring to was the fix that keeps overlong weapons or powers sections from writing on top of the the activated adjustments section and instead scrolls them onto the next page when they bump up against that section (this was corrected in the new update; before this, those sections would just print on top of the activated adjustments record). Basically, I suspect all it would require would be updating your extended character sheet to build off the character sheet included in update that just came out. But I'm not the guy who's smart enough to do it.
Oh, I just thought that would have been fixed since I thought I told all of that stuff to just keep spilling over if it was too long. I'll see if I can figure out just what it was Mathias changed on the official sheets so I can incorporate that, too. As I mentioned I'm on vacation right now so I'm not exactly sure when I'll get some time so I may not get a chance to look at it until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearwillis View Post
1) In the setting adjustment tab Cape added the no power points. If I have that checked in my setting tab, I don't have to have it checked in the configure hero window for it to work correctly on the normal print out sheet, but on your sheet for some reason the setting adjustment for no power points doesn't work without the no power points box checked in the configure hero window. Any idea how to get it to work with your sheets.
I'll try to see if I can figure that out, too, although I wouldn't have thought anything I did would have made a difference there, unless the difference was something they changed on the official sheets just with this last update as well, which is entirely possible.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old September 14th, 2013, 01:24 PM
NP, Have fun and don't worry about it until vacation is over. Just wanted to inform you of it.

Like I said have fun and enjoy your Vacation, Jbear
jbearwillis is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 15th, 2013, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearwillis View Post
NP, Have fun and don't worry about it until vacation is over. Just wanted to inform you of it.

Like I said have fun and enjoy your Vacation, Jbear
Sometimes you need a vacation from the vacation so if I get a chance to look at things before Tuesday I may do that. But thanks for the sentiment!

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 15th, 2013, 08:10 AM
I got some time this morning so I went through and tried to find all of the spots the new character sheets were different from these can made a few changes. I can't say for certain if they will fix the issues you guys were having, but hopefully it will. I've uploaded v1.2 at the link above. I'm starting to think I should set these up with an update mechanism...

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #20 Reply With Quote