Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

salcor

Old December 11th, 2017, 12:49 PM
Zarlor,

Sorry I am working on character attribute adjustments for Savage Rifts Iconic Frameworks. I was wondering, how do you change the assigned skill for a weapon. I made Flame Bolt as a ranged weapon and want to tie it to Psionics.

Salcor
salcor is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old December 11th, 2017, 04:47 PM
AH, I haven't really read through Rifts, but I would think #traitcreation would be fine if I understanding Iconic Frameworks well enough. As for assigned skill... I'm not too sure about that.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
GunbunnyFuFu

Old January 12th, 2018, 07:24 PM
Greetings,

I'd like to add the Mega Powers from Savage Rifts. I can do this with the editor..how can I add a Mega Power (or a new power, for that matter) outside of the editor?

Thanks,

GB
GunbunnyFuFu is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old January 13th, 2018, 05:51 AM
What do you mean by "outside of the editor"? Speaking strictly for a new Power (I'm not familiar with Rifts to know what a Mega Power is compared to a Power) if you were using a text editor you could copy the code for some other power in the .user file and paste that as a new section to modify the xml code from there (I like using Notepad++ for modifying xml files for that). Unless you mean within the main HL program, in which case I think there is a spot under the Powers tab where you might be able to add a custom power there (but that will only get saved in the portfolio you are modifying and noplace else.) Or do you mean something else?

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
GunbunnyFuFu

Old January 13th, 2018, 06:00 AM
A Mega Power is just an enhanced version of a regular power. Thanks for the help...I'll copy the relevant data from the custom .user file. Should this data be appended to one of the .dat files (perhaps the main file..rifts.dat)?

GB
GunbunnyFuFu is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old January 13th, 2018, 07:19 PM
That's a question for the Rifts thread. That depends on how they are trying to organize things as to which .dat file it should be in so that's heavily dependent on that specific project.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
GunbunnyFuFu

Old January 14th, 2018, 02:45 AM
Thanks Zarlor!
GunbunnyFuFu is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
Phrll

Old July 21st, 2018, 12:46 PM
Zarlor, this is a great thread! Thanks much for starting it!
Phrll is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old May 17th, 2020, 06:29 AM
[SWADE] - How to add a power as an innate ability
  1. Create "Innate Abilities" Arcane Background. Make note of the ID you give it.
  2. Go to the Invalid Powers button and select all of the listed powers. Leave Power Points and number of Powers empty. You can adjust these through scripts.
  3. Create Racial Ability / Property which adds the power you are looking for.
  4. Bootstrap the Arcane Background from (1) and the Innate Power to the Ability / Property created in (3)
  5. Open the Tags section of the bootstrap for your innate power.
  6. Add Arcane as the Group with the ID from (1) as the Tag.
  7. Save and Reload your data, Select the race with the new Ability/Property. See the shiny new "Innate Abilities" tab with the power you've made innate.

Of course, you may have to create a new power depending if your power has any innate modifiers like Range (Self) or such.

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post

Last edited by TCArknight; May 17th, 2020 at 11:59 AM.
TCArknight is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old May 17th, 2020, 02:13 PM
Something I haven't seen discussed, and it may apply in all game systems, is if you have the need for bootstrapping an edge to an ability but the edge has a chooser on it and you need a specific selection from the chooser as part of the bootstrap.

In the editor:
Field ID: usrChosen1
Value: id of the needed choice
select Pick instead of Assign.

Reload your dataset and you should be good.

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post
TCArknight is offline   #40 Reply With Quote