Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

Nestor

Old December 9th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
Have you seen the Editor? New Edges and Hindrances can be entered there.
I have yet to successfully use it to make any changes. Whatever skill is required to operate it is sadly beyond my means.

Last edited by Nestor; December 9th, 2011 at 04:52 PM.
Nestor is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old December 13th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Nestor, in the Editor, if you go to the Help menu at the top, there are a series of tutorials you can work through to help you get your feet under you with how to work it.

I would suggest not changing what is already there, as whenever there is a new update, the update will overrwrite your changes.

Instead, add new content by creating a new data file (File>New Data File). If you want to modify an Edge in existance, you would then create a copy of that Edge. First, navigate to the Edge tab along the top of the editor, then along the left side towards the bottom, clock the New(Copy) button and find the Edge you want to copy.

Actually modifying your revised Edge or creating a new one will take some doing, and will be specific to what you want it to do. If you post some more specific questions, like "How would I create an Edge that is like Berserk, but gives a +3 Fighting and a -3 Parry?", we'd be happy to help you.

I'll give you a hint, one of the first things I'd tell you to do on that specific one would be to make a copy of the Berserk edge and take a look at how it is built, and how it functions.
tatteredking is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old December 13th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterMike View Post
Are you planning on having Edges, Magic, and Weapons from the various setting books available in the core pack for SW, or will each setting be a separate add-on?
Most likely Edges, Magic and Weapons from the setting books will be in setting specific files. I'm not sure how Crusader has things worked out, but that is how I would do it.
tatteredking is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Nestor

Old December 15th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatteredking View Post
Nestor, in the Editor, if you go to the Help menu at the top, there are a series of tutorials you can work through to help you get your feet under you with how to work it.

I would suggest not changing what is already there, as whenever there is a new update, the update will overrwrite your changes.

Instead, add new content by creating a new data file (File>New Data File). If you want to modify an Edge in existance, you would then create a copy of that Edge. First, navigate to the Edge tab along the top of the editor, then along the left side towards the bottom, clock the New(Copy) button and find the Edge you want to copy.

Actually modifying your revised Edge or creating a new one will take some doing, and will be specific to what you want it to do. If you post some more specific questions, like "How would I create an Edge that is like Berserk, but gives a +3 Fighting and a -3 Parry?", we'd be happy to help you.

I'll give you a hint, one of the first things I'd tell you to do on that specific one would be to make a copy of the Berserk edge and take a look at how it is built, and how it functions.
Thanks for the offer.

One of my first obstacles was figuring how to actually open a file for editing, since every time I tried it told me I couldn't modify it. And the way the instructions describe it, you copy the file then open it, which didn't work.

But I can see where starting with a fresh file could work.
Nestor is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old December 20th, 2011, 03:39 AM
yeah copying a file will copy everything in the file....and the program will freeze up seeing two copies of everything. That's why everything needs a unique name.
tatteredking is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Gobbo

Old March 25th, 2012, 11:35 AM
I would like support for the new Earthdawn Savage Worlds Edition as well as the Agents of Oblivion setting. Those are my big wish list items there.
Gobbo is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Flynnwd

Old April 27th, 2012, 07:02 PM
I would love to see new custom character sheets, or at least grab the XSLT files used to create the current ones, so I can build my own.

With Regards,
Flynn
Flynnwd is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
thegneech

Old May 9th, 2012, 09:50 AM
I just picked up the SW license for my Ghostbusters campaign. So my request (besides finishing the Horror Companion dataset) would be an option to print out a "training wheels" style character sheet for your character.

( http://www.peginc.com/freebies/SWcor...ngWheelsCS.pdf )

-The Gneech
thegneech is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 11th, 2012, 01:16 AM
Well, request #1 is very close to ready. It's in testing now.

#2 would take more work...
CapedCrusader is online now   #29 Reply With Quote
Darksaint

Old May 29th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Here's something crazy...

If you take the time to build your own setting, why not have the ability to add your own custom logo to the loading page as well? I've got four Savage Worlds mods and IF I'm in a hurry (like right before we start for the evening and someone has forgotten their character and I need to print one...) having the custom logo might keep me from loading the wrong setting... twice...

Last edited by Darksaint; May 29th, 2012 at 12:50 PM.
Darksaint is offline   #30 Reply With Quote