Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

Corone

Old October 24th, 2017, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
OK, which update are we talking about? The last Savage Worlds update, or the update to Hero Lab itself?

And - What Happens. as exactly as you can describe it?
It happened when I did the last main update for the Savage Worlds system.
Further updates for Hero Lab have not fixed it, but those are also now up to date.
I've tried redoing the setting files and it tells me its done them fine but they just don't show up.
It opens Savage Worlds, but I get this on startup:

The data files could not be uploaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct and errors.

The Following errors occurred:

Thing 'eq50Grappll' - Condition test must occur prior to all rules and eval scripts, including on components (Initialise, 2100)
Thing 'eq50Quiver' - Condition test must occur prior to all rules and eval scripts, including on components (Initialise, 2100)

I 'ok' this and it loads up, with a box for release notes for Savage worlds

But, once loaded, I no longer have the check boxes for any of the new settings (Deadlands, ETU, Rippers etc)

When I load my Deadlands character it opens, but refuses to understand the Deadlands parts.
A box comes up saying "Critical information not found in data files: source 'Deadlands Reloaded"

The character mostly loads ok at that point, but skills like 'Guts' are listed but in red as errors.

Hope that helps make sense of it all!
Luckily I didn't update one of the work computers I have another licence on and that one works fine.

Cheers!
Corone is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old October 24th, 2017, 03:37 AM
If Hero Lab fails to load ANY data files (and your error shows it is failing to load 50 Fathoms, I believe) then it will load NO data files at all because it doesn't know if the error has to do with conflicting files or not. The big question is, do you see an update for any of your data files, in particular for 50 Fathoms? If so you NEED to update your data files. That's a very, very important step.

Otherwise if you cannot update it for some reason (or it doesn't show an update which would lead me to think you may have gotten the file someplace other than through the updater) you could try re-downloading it through the updater or just deleting (or at least moving) that 50Fathoms data file to see if that clears up your problem.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)

Last edited by zarlor; October 24th, 2017 at 03:40 AM.
zarlor is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Corone

Old October 24th, 2017, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
If Hero Lab fails to load ANY data files (and your error shows it is failing to load 50 Fathoms, I believe) then it will load NO data files at all because it doesn't know if the error has to do with conflicting files or not. The big question is, do you see an update for any of your data files, in particular for 50 Fathoms? If so you NEED to update your data files. That's a very, very important step.

Otherwise if you cannot update it for some reason (or it doesn't show an update which would lead me to think you may have gotten the file someplace other than through the updater) you could try re-downloading it through the updater or just deleting (or at least moving) that 50Fathoms data file to see if that clears up your problem.
AWESOME! Reloading 50 Fathoms solved the problem.
That is really weird as I've always used the updater.
Maybe I missed reloading it after an install of some form.
Either way, problem solved, thankyou loads!
Corone is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old October 24th, 2017, 05:39 AM
No problem. That's usually the issue. Just be sure to always double-check if any of your data files have an update as old versions have a chance to cause problems and the last major update that had gone out had some things that required changed in some of the data files to get everything up to the new standards.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
Out of print GM

Old January 30th, 2018, 03:31 PM
hi i am trying to get the savage settings to work on my pc but this message keep pooing up

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'edgSFCyber'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'racSFAquar'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'racSFAurax'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'racSFAvion'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'racSFConst'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'racSFDeade'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'racSFFlora'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'racSFInsec'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'racSFKalia'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'racSFRakas'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'racSFRigel'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'racSFSauri'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'racSFSerra'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'racSFYeti'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'vhSFSepWA1'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'vhSFSepWA2'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'vhSFSepWA3'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'wpKnife'

and in menu i can aces data can any one help ?
Out of print GM is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 31st, 2018, 08:51 AM
OK, right off-hand my guess would be that you have the Interface Zero data file without having the required Sci-Fi Companion. You'll need to either pick up the Sci-Fi Companion expansion or remove the Interface Zero materials (Interface Zero 2point0.1st and Interface Zero 2point0.user).

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is online now   #46 Reply With Quote
Out of print GM

Old February 1st, 2018, 04:30 AM
yep purchased sci-fi companion all extra stuff is now working thanks
Out of print GM is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
jaydarkson

Old July 22nd, 2018, 08:13 PM
Will Savage Rifts be part of these updates?
jaydarkson is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old July 23rd, 2018, 06:04 AM
I believe the last announcement from Caped Crusader was that it would not be part of the official updates. There is a separate project by folks on this forum, however, who are working diligently on it and a fairly complete file is available from them here.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 23rd, 2018, 06:04 PM
Yes, Rifts will not be officially supported.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is online now   #50 Reply With Quote