Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

Jay_NOLA

Old March 12th, 2018, 01:23 PM
the Thief Edge is showing up listed twice in the list of edges with a basic character non-specific setting character. The text is different for what the requirements are for each version.
I'm not sure if this is a bug or what is going on.

I've also noticed the Edge description is different in some other Savage Worlds book like Pirates of the Spanish Main but this isn't in the PotM Data Files.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old March 13th, 2018, 04:20 AM
That likely means one of those Edges is set with no Source on it, so it's being seen everywhere. Since the duplicate one mentions affecting "Athletics" rolls it has to be from a source that uses that and since Flash Gordon was the newest setting that was added that also uses Athletics I'm going to guess that's the one. And looking at the .user file for it, sure enough it is just missing a source is all. Easy fix. You can either pull up the FlashGordon.user file in the editor, go to the Edge tab, select Thief and the Source button near the bottom of its section to check the Flash Gordon setting to fix it, or when CC sees this he'll probably get it fixed up and pushed out to us if you'd rather wait for it.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Jay_NOLA

Old March 13th, 2018, 01:06 PM
It was the Flash Gordon one making the duplicate, but the even after after adding the Source to it in the editor a bug is still occurring with the Thief Edge

The normal Deluxe Savage Worlds is giving as one requirement a Climbing or Athletics of d6, but the rule book doesn't have the "or Athletics d6" in the Edge's description. The rest of the text is not the Flash Gordon version.

Also, even after I fixed the Flash Gordon bug, characters I made not with the Flash Gordon data files are wanting to show the Flash Gordon version of the Edge.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old March 13th, 2018, 04:23 PM
Did you recompile the files after making the change?

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 14th, 2018, 01:52 PM
That's because the Athletics Skill does not exist in the main rule book. I made that accommodation because there are several Settings that use the Athletics Skill.

And did you delete and re-add the Thief Edge after making that change? The existing character files may reference the Flash Gordon version of the Edge.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old March 14th, 2018, 02:11 PM
I've released a repaired version of the Flash Gordon Setting file that fixes this.

_
_
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
CapedCrusader is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Jay_NOLA

Old March 14th, 2018, 02:51 PM
@Zalor

After I made the change I exited the system and then reloaded savage Worlds. I also closed the program and reopened it again. The Edge text is still saying "or Athletics" as a requirement the rest of the description is showing the text from Deluxe rules. The text is different from the Flash Gordon version slightly.

If I have to do something else to recompile let me know.

@CapedCrusader - I deleted the Thief fEdge from any characters that were made or edied to add it after I installed Flash Gordon and then added it back in.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old March 14th, 2018, 06:07 PM
The Edge still saying "or Athletics" is normal.

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=60367

A new version of the Thief Edge wasn't created just to change that text to reduce issues with existing characters. Otherwise, it also would have meant that every Setting that uses Athletics would need to create a duplicate of the Thief Edge.

_
_

Last edited by CapedCrusader; March 14th, 2018 at 06:10 PM.
CapedCrusader is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Jay_NOLA

Old March 15th, 2018, 01:42 PM
Thanks for clearing that up
Jay_NOLA is offline   #9 Reply With Quote