Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 17th, 2018, 07:52 PM
Continuing work on the Deadlands update...

Here's a question for everyone. Should I keep all of the additional material as separate sources? I'm referring to: The Flood, A Rock and a Hard Place, Last Sons, and the Smith & Robards catalog. Or should I just source them all as Deadlands, so you don't have to select all of the additional sources to activate them all the time? I can value to either way, but I want to know how the community feels about it.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old January 18th, 2018, 04:52 AM
I think they should be separate, but grouped together, sources. That provides the most flexibility for the user, if it's needed, particularly for groups who may not have some of the extra source books.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
marroon69

Old January 20th, 2018, 09:10 AM
Separate files I thinks makes more sense, that way the changes are only where they need to be
marroon69 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old January 20th, 2018, 09:19 AM
I'm not talking about files, I'm talking about the source tags.

_
_
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
CapedCrusader is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
marroon69

Old January 21st, 2018, 07:44 AM
Well source tags for sure, I guess I would make separate files. The main reason to separate the changes...if they are all in the same file there is a chance of changes for one source tag screw up the other source tags. But that but that is my opinion
marroon69 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old January 21st, 2018, 09:03 AM
I suppose that could be a possibility, but when all is said and done it's an official file anyway so you'll have one primary data file author doing any updates and they should be pretty familiar with the layout. It's going to be easier to implement it as a single file in the updater as well rather than 3 or 4 separate files that folks would have to download, update, and keep track of rather than the single setting file with separate sources for the various supplements.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old January 21st, 2018, 09:46 AM
It will be one .user file. Having separate files wouldn't have any effect on source tag issues. They all compile together.

_
_
CapedCrusader is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old January 22nd, 2018, 01:06 PM
I am currently adding the material from the Smith & Robards catalog.

_
_
CapedCrusader is offline   #8 Reply With Quote