Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
The Numerator

Old February 17th, 2016, 11:17 AM
Hi there,

Newb RW GM building out a realm for Giantslayer (Pathfinder Adventure Path), looking for a little help in regards to best practices. I just figured out the use of Prefixes in creating Map/Event locations, and how to sort the order within the Story Almanac based on that. Thankfully, the way that Paizo letters their locations within an AP, it will give a good flow to the AP story from top to bottom.

However, it occurred to me that when I start the next Chapter of the AP, the lettering of the prefixes will begin with A again, which will then jumble all the events up, and make navigation a nightmare.

So how are other users organizing different components of a larger AP? Or even grouping "Part 1" of an AP vs. "Part 2". Is that the purpose of the Topic Views? Or do you create custom tags to indicate which part or AP it is, and then just filter on the tag component? Is there a way to link all the various topics to one Source Topic (which seemed to be the purpose of the Sources group)?

And lastly, what is the difference between the World Almanac and the Story Almanac. If I create separate topic views, is the Story Almanac just a default starting view? Or is it intended to bring other views together?
The Numerator is offline   #1 Reply With Quote