Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 24th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Risner, PLEASE stop throwing large blocks of code at me with insufficient description. I do not have the time needed to read and understand your code to figure out what you're trying to tell me.
I apologize, I was trying to help. I'll do as you wish.

Should I post this in separate threads?
Should I not post them, and simply put them on the community site?
Should I post them here with better description?
risner is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
risner

Old February 24th, 2011, 01:31 PM
For now, I'm making the assumption I didn't document the issues and you would like more docs.

The Ranger 6th level Point Blank Master bonus feat choice doesn't currently implement ignoring Weapon Spec requirements, so it isn't listed as a 6th level Bonus feat.

I made two changes to the feat:
1) Tag BonusFor.cRgrArch6 to allow selection from 6th level Archery Bonus feat.
2) I replaced the first line of the EvalRule (validif...skipprereq) with an if then/else block that checked if this feat was added via ranger bonus and if so checked for weapon focus.

As far as I can tell, this properly functions in all cases of use.
risner is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 24th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by risner View Post
Should I post this in separate threads?
Should I not post them, and simply put them on the community site?
Should I post them here with better description?
Better descriptions, please. I'm afraid to say that your bug reports in the last few weeks have been hard to understand, in general, and the large blocks of code make that even harder.

Please focus on what Hero Lab is currently doing, and what Hero Lab should be doing. Your revision of the most recent report is a good example of what level of detail and discussion is helpful to me in terms of finding and fixing the problem you're reporting.

Paizo has 3 hardcovers and many smaller books coming out in the next 6 months and I'm also working on Shadowrun in the same time period. I will be very busy for the next few months, so be aware that I may have to put some things off for the future.
Mathias is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
areteas

Old February 25th, 2011, 09:22 PM
The item power 'Vital Guard' (ipVGuard) has a 2nd eval script that causes it to apply slowing to any armor it's added to (the first eval script handles the weight modification). This is not borne out by the source:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faction Guide
Vital Guard: A truly well-designed armor reinforces its defense in the most vulnerable locations. Whenever an opponent scores a critical threat against the wearer, treat the wearer’s armor bonus as +2 higher than normal for the confirmation roll. Cost: +500 gp; Weight: +15 lbs.
areteas is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
ValaraukarU

Old February 26th, 2011, 05:12 PM
I am having a problem with the Initiative sorting in the tactical console.

The following error occurs frequently but not EVERY time. It also seems to appear more when I have more than 2 characters. It also does not seem to be related to initiative modifier. It may also be occurring more frequently if many characters have the same initiative number (which happens very quickly in combats with a lot of delay and ready actions).

If you set a character to Delay or Ready in a round and that character continues to delay or ready to the next round. When that character takes an action they will be assigned their correct initiative to the next active characters number. However, when the next person in the list goes that new person is positioned in the list BEFORE the previously readied character.

Example:
Char 1: Init 10
Char 2: Init 10
Char 3: Init 10

Char 1: Delays. Init stays 10
Char 2: Takes Action. Init stays 10
Char 3: Takes Action. Init stays 10

Next Round is clicked.

Char 1: still delayed at the top with Init 10
Char 2: Takes Action. Init stays 10.
Char 1: Decides to take action. Init set to 10 since next character will act on 10.
Char 3: Takes action. Init stays 10, but they appear in the list BEFORE Char 1.

So the list appears like

Instead of what it should be:

I wish I could reproduce it every time to be sure, but I saw it many times. You may need to try a couple rounds of ready and actions to reproduce consistently. I know it seems pretty odd scenario, but like I said during our combats we are seeing it a couple times per game session.
ValaraukarU is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
blzbob

Old February 27th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Polymorph is listed as both a 4th and 5th level spell for wizards in Hero Lab. If I recall (I didn't check), it should be 5th.
blzbob is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
BusterBluth

Old February 28th, 2011, 02:18 PM
I don't think the weight of multiple items is being calculated correctly. For example, I added 3 'Rations, trail' for a Small character. The total weight displayed is 0.25 lbs, which is the weight of a single item.

Thanks!

Last edited by BusterBluth; February 28th, 2011 at 02:46 PM.
BusterBluth is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old March 4th, 2011, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterBluth View Post
I don't think the weight of multiple items is being calculated correctly. For example, I added 3 'Rations, trail' for a Small character. The total weight displayed is 0.25 lbs, which is the weight of a single item.

Thanks!
Not looking at it right now, but IIRC the display shows the weight for a single item but the weight is actually calculated correctly. I'd rather have the display show the weight for the total number of items, as well.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
chava

Old March 4th, 2011, 10:40 AM
The Spider Swarm from Bestiary I is supposed to use its Dexterity instead of its Strength for Climb checks.

Because of this the swarm is supposed to have a Climb +11, but it only has a Climb +5.

Also the Crab Swarm from Bestiary I is supposed to "use Dex to modify Swim" which would give it a Swim +10, it only has a Swim +4 in HeroLab.

The Leech Swarm also uses Dex to modify Swim checks; Bestiary - Swim +12; Hero Lab - Swim +6

Will also be posting in the main board, because I need to figure out the coding for this for the Ochre Eurypterid from Serpent's Skull AP.

Last edited by chava; March 4th, 2011 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Add Crab Swarm/Leech Swarm
chava is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
chava

Old March 4th, 2011, 01:26 PM
The quasit in hero lab has:
Poison: Claw—Injury (DC 11) (Ex) Poison deals 1d2 DEX damage, 1/round for 6rounds, cure 1 save.

Should be (from Bestiary and after double checking errata and online):
Poison (Ex) Claw—injury; save Fortitude DC 13 (includes a +2 racial bonus); frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d2 Dexterity; cure 2 consecutive saves.

Poison requires 2 saves, Hero Labs only has 1 save now.

So ~ I can learn ~ the abValue2 for the Quasit needs to be 2.

Last edited by chava; March 4th, 2011 at 01:29 PM. Reason: learned of abValue2
chava is offline   #20 Reply With Quote