Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Arigas

Old May 3rd, 2011, 07:14 AM
I'm trying to make a level 4 Elven Ranger for a campaign, but when I go to work on the animal companion, it appears to start at level 2, instead of level 1. The animal I'm trying to pick is a Wolf, and if I were to make a level 20 Ranger, then the companion is only level 14 from what I understand of the screen. Am I doing something wrong or misunderstanding something here?

Edit: Also, the faction books are available, but why isn't the Faction Guide included? I have a trait for another character from it and can't even include it in hero lab.
Arigas is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Arigas

Old May 3rd, 2011, 07:33 AM
Rangers effective druid level appears to be miscalculated for the animal companion. Level 4 ranger shows level 2 companion, level 20 ranger shows level 14 companion.
Arigas is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:33 AM
A level 4 Ranger counts as a level 1 druid and a level 20 ranger counts as a level 17 druid, for the purpose of animal companions.

Looking at the animal companion table on 52 of the core rulebook, a level 1 druid's animal companion has 2 hit dice, and a level 17 druid's animal companion has 14 hit dice.

Could you explain what you mean when you're asking about the faction guide? On the configure hero form that you see when you're creating a new character (you can get back to it by selecting the character menu...configure hero), when you look through the list of options, do you see the Faction Guide checked? (You'll find it within the Campaign Setting section).
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Arigas

Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
A level 4 Ranger counts as a level 1 druid and a level 20 ranger counts as a level 17 druid, for the purpose of animal companions.

Looking at the animal companion table on 52 of the core rulebook, a level 1 druid's animal companion has 2 hit dice, and a level 17 druid's animal companion has 14 hit dice.
Ah, ok, that explains that. I didn't realize they were like that in the book lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Could you explain what you mean when you're asking about the faction guide? On the configure hero form that you see when you're creating a new character (you can get back to it by selecting the character menu...configure hero), when you look through the list of options, do you see the Faction Guide checked? (You'll find it within the Campaign Setting section).
My bad, didn't realize the faction guide was actually in a different package that I didn't buy. I thought it would've been with the actual faction companions lol
Arigas is offline   #4 Reply With Quote