Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

panda

Old March 21st, 2016, 01:33 AM
Will we be able to create template for NPC ?

Like a Drow, Duergar, etc template that we can apply to priest, acolyte, bandit, assassin, etc
Or Dracolich or shadow to dragons like in the MM.
panda is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old March 21st, 2016, 01:43 AM
been pondering this also.

From what i can gather we make the Drow race and then save the variations in the encounter builder as a *stock file? Either that or make them and save as *.por file?

But then does this mean all monster abilities greater than the standard race need to be entered as feats?

Which means it would just be more efficient to create multiple copies to represent exactly whats in the MM?

I really don't know which way to go.

Amazing job btw, your smashing it.
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
panda

Old March 21st, 2016, 04:30 AM
In pathfinder, there is templates as class to apply to race. Also NPC are also class.

In 5e it's more like template of race to apply to NPC (As in Out of the Abyss). I guess we need to wait a bit to seen how HL will implement the NPC, if it's as a race then we will need to create a class Drow that add for example Fey Ancestry, Drow Innate Spellcasting and Sunlight sensitivity to the NPC. If the NPC are class then it could be different.

I think I will wait to see before I do the Shadow Dragons and Dracolich as they are templates.
panda is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Maikera

Old March 22nd, 2016, 04:21 AM
What i now is, you can save any teamplate as .stock file, then all characters (also npc) on that teamplate will be avaliable on encounter builder.
Maikera is offline   #4 Reply With Quote