Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

KnightErrantJR

Old June 11th, 2014, 06:20 PM
I had the opportunity to review Realm Works, and this blog post is the result. Without spoiling anything, it was very easy to lose the last few nights playing with this program.

http://knighterrantjr.blogspot.com/2...alm-works.html
KnightErrantJR is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old June 12th, 2014, 03:29 AM
Good review. Agreed with almost everything you said.

Though the printing "downside" I'm not sure on. Is it really needed? I'm on the fence on that one. Would it be neat? Sure. But with a 2nd display, it's not needed IMO.
Pollution is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old June 12th, 2014, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollution View Post
Good review. Agreed with almost everything you said.

Though the printing "downside" I'm not sure on. Is it really needed? I'm on the fence on that one. Would it be neat? Sure. But with a 2nd display, it's not needed IMO.
It's one of the most requested features.
MaxSupernova is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 12th, 2014, 07:56 AM
Thanks for the review, KnightErrantJR!
liz is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old June 12th, 2014, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSupernova View Post
I personally care about it much more than a second screen.
mirtos is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
enrious

Old June 12th, 2014, 03:06 PM
I have no intention of ever printing from Realm Works, but I'd say it certainly is a required feature.
enrious is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old June 12th, 2014, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enrious View Post
I have no intention of ever printing from Realm Works, but I'd say it certainly is a required feature.
Thank you. One of the frustrating things when requesting a feature is when all these other users chime in with statements to the effect of, "I don't need it, so why do you need it?"

If you don't need it, fine. Don't cast your vote for it. But why do you have to tell other people what features should or should not be important to them?

I've seen people request features I don't need. I've never felt impelled to tell them they don't need the feature. If that what makes them happy, what makes the product better for them, I hope they get it.
EightBitz is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Dervish

Old June 12th, 2014, 10:40 PM
a second monitor is of little use to me if i am using Realm Works to create a world setting or a game system from the ground up I need output options beyond store it in the cloud or use a second monitor
Dervish is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old June 13th, 2014, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Thank you. One of the frustrating things when requesting a feature is when all these other users chime in with statements to the effect of, "I don't need it, so why do you need it?"

If you don't need it, fine. Don't cast your vote for it. But why do you have to tell other people what features should or should not be important to them?

I've seen people request features I don't need. I've never felt impelled to tell them they don't need the feature. If that what makes them happy, what makes the product better for them, I hope they get it.
Very well said.
mirtos is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old June 13th, 2014, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSupernova View Post
Fair point.

I have 2 easy to move 32" TVs that I can prop up and use to my hearts content for my gaming sessions. so if one is in use, the other can be used.

I can see some places where a printout would be nifty, but I haven't found anything I really feel like I have to print yet.

Again, that's my own situation. But for others it might be required. If I wanted to print something, I'm pretty sure I could get around it with a 2nd display.

Others, who play at a gamestore, or convention, or don't have a handy monitor for the player view, would probably NEED to print some stuff out. I play in my dining room. I'm good with it as is.
Pollution is offline   #10 Reply With Quote