Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TCArknight

Old August 15th, 2010, 06:01 AM
Howdy!

On the Atomic Think Tank boards I've seen mention of using a 1 pt feature to double leaping distances. I personally also use a custom flat -X modifier on a couple of my builds to half the range of a power. (I haven't quite figured out the best way to do a power where the range is the range of X ranks, but the overall rank effect is the total of the power. Any suggestions there?)

How in the editor would I create such a feature and modifier? I'm blanking on the field names, etc at the moment...

Thanks!
TC
TCArknight is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 30th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Wouldn't this simply be one or more ranks of the Leaping power? It seems weird to create a feature that duplicates the effect of a power that already exists.
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 30th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Wouldn't this simply be one or more ranks of the Leaping power? It seems weird to create a feature that duplicates the effect of a power that already exists.
While I completely agree with you Colen, I think the feature TCArKnight is talking about is for those who want increments of x2 for each purchase instead of using the Progression Table.

The Progression Table really ramps things up very quickly and this is in keeping with M&M's globe-spanning, punch Galactus in the nose style of superheroes (in my opinion) but that does get a bit out of whack for those trying to do Street-level heroes. Leaping 2, with STR in the 15 to 20 range, is about the limit of what Real World folks can do in terms of High Jump - I think Standing and Running values are way off the mark compared to Real World. So a doubling or quadrupling (two doublings) might be more realistic and while it could be expressed as a Custom Feat with text, I can see the value of having software do the math & display the distance.

Anyway, rock 'em, sock 'em is what M&M is meant to be, not a mirror of reality (in my opinion) so I'll live with the way M&M and the Progression table works.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote