Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

mirtos

Old June 15th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Ive downloaded most of the advanced sets, but i cant get the mount list to be a creature other than the standard horse, dog, etc...

Am I doing anything wrong, or does the dataset not support advnaced mounts?
mirtos is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 15th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Do you have all the proper sources selected in the configure hero window?
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old June 15th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Do you have all the proper sources selected in the configure hero window?

Yes, I do.
mirtos is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
skaven

Old June 18th, 2012, 04:10 AM
Even "Monster Manual" and "Monster Manual II"?

I remember an earlier post that said they were mandatory to choose improved familiars and mounts.
skaven is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 19th, 2012, 05:12 AM
Is there a specific mount you are looking for? I'm not as familiar with the paladin mounts, so I'm not really sure what I should be looking at. If there's something missing from the community files, I can see about getting them added, but I would need a list of things to add.
Sendric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old June 19th, 2012, 08:11 AM
oops, sorry, it was my fault. it was a portfolio setting. i had to click customize hero and make sure the option to not restrict companion was selected. user error. i should know better.

the one thing that is messed up, is that it gives it too many levels. it doesnt consider the other mount has higer animal levels. For example, if im a 20th level paladin, it does animal + n number of levels with n being the same regardless (sorry i dont know what 'n' is, im at work and not by my copy of herolab) if the animal has 2 animal levels (for horse) or 7 (for griffin) and then gives an error saying ive levelled up the animal too many times. (this is a correct error, as a griffon mount should get less bonuses). unfortunately, it wont allow me to remove the extra levels as those are put in automatically, i believe, by being a 20th level paladin.
mirtos is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 19th, 2012, 09:27 AM
I think this is because there's nothing telling hero lab to do anything else. My recommendation would be to not use the configure option to not restrict companion races. Instead, make a new animal (griffon in your example), and set it as a Paladin Mount with the appropriate minimum level requirement. You can make a new .user file and use the "replace thing" feature to replace the griffon that comes with the community set. I recommend that so that you are never in danger of losing your information in case of changes with the community set. Like I said, I haven't done much with paladins or their mounts, but I believe this will solve your problem.
Sendric is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old June 19th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Interesting idea. I'll give it a shot, and let you know. I would think we should make a change to the paladin mount to allow it to "start" at a higher level for animals with more hit dice (griffon in my example).

The other thing i noticed is that the "not restrict companion races" doesnt work for the "other" tab when purchasing animals. In some high level campaigns it would be nice to allow players (not druids/rangers/paladins) to add animals/creatures, that they purchase/acquired.
mirtos is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 19th, 2012, 12:34 PM
"Don't restrict companion races" has nothing to do with the Other tab. If you want a generic item on that tab, add the Hireling option - that'll let you choose whatever race you want.
Mathias is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old June 19th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
"Don't restrict companion races" has nothing to do with the Other tab. If you want a generic item on that tab, add the Hireling option - that'll let you choose whatever race you want.
Thanks.
mirtos is offline   #10 Reply With Quote