Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
jfrazierjr

Old April 24th, 2017, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
CC could answer better how that works behind the scenes, but my understanding is that if the system sees the original UniqueID being loaded up into memory on anything is simply replaces it with the new UniqueID on the fly. It know how to do that because it loads and compares ALL of your .user files on startup and checks them for errors and such, as far as I can tell, so presumably it just loads up all Replace ID's at that time.

I agree that I wouldn't have expect that to be the behavior that it was a global change even if I have a sourceID listed on that thing, but that's just they way they did it, I guess. It catches everybody at first, though (it certainly caught me!)
Ok.. so the way I understand you, the order of operations is:
  1. Load all .users files, perform all replace one at a time(what if multiple files replace the same thing!?!?!?!? If this is the case, then the order of operations may be important.)
  2. Process Source information AFTER the character load/new screen kicks into the main program

So, by the time the sources are even presented to the end user, the replace has already been done. As I mentioned, if you don't then load that source AND someone has that pick selected, I assume that would then error out badly on an existing portfolio. To me, this seem like a bug.

Now, this really should not be any issue at all in a normal end user scenario in pretty much all cases, but for us since the community builds and trades data files much more frequently vs LW built sources, it could cause loads of issues<sigh>.
jfrazierjr is offline   #11 Reply With Quote