Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

guildmaster

Old March 21st, 2019, 07:39 PM
I downloaded the Realm Works installer from the Content Market and installed it. It installed the program in the Program Files (x86) directory which indicates it is not the 64bit version of the program. It installed the 1.0.1091.251 version and it says that it is up to date. Is this the 64 bit version of the program?

If not how do I get the latest release of the 64bit version?
guildmaster is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old March 21st, 2019, 07:48 PM
251 is both IIRC.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Ash Nazg

Old March 22nd, 2019, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guildmaster View Post
Is this the 64 bit version of the program?
It probably is the 64-bit version, if that's what you downloaded. When the 64-bit version was released, Rob mentioned that the installer was "a little bit stupid" and put the program in the (x86) folder. See the third bullet of his post here for his full explanation.

I hope that helps,
~Ash
Ash Nazg is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 22nd, 2019, 08:29 AM
That issue was slated to be resolved in the installer for build 251, but I honestly don't know if that happened. I've got a question out to the developer in charge of that to find out. If not, we'll get it corrected in the next build.

Also, you can verify whether you are running 32-bit or 64-bit very easily. Launch the Task Manager - readily accessible by right-clicking on the task bar. On the Processes tab, all the apps are listed at the top. Any that are running as 32-bit apps will have "(32 bit)" after them. So you should NOT see this next to Realm Works, since it should be running as a 64-bit app.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
guildmaster

Old March 22nd, 2019, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the reply. It looks like it is running as a 64bit application. I am guessing the installer is running as a 32bit application and that is why it chooses to install it in the wrong place. At least that is my experience with developing 64bit apps.
guildmaster is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 22nd, 2019, 12:34 PM
More info on this. The installer detects whether you're running a 64-bit or 32-bit operating system, so it has to be 32-bit. Based on that determination, it then installs the proper version. Since we didn't want to uninstall the old 32-bit version when we first released the 64-bit Beta, we opted to install them side-by-side, which is in the x86 directory on 64-bit Windows. The plan was to fix this for the official release, installing on the correct version and in the correct location, but it seems that didn't get done. So that's back on the punch list, where it should have been previously.

As you confirmed, though, it is indeed running the correct version for you. That's the most important thing.
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
jlong05
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to jlong05

Old March 22nd, 2019, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
More info on this. The installer detects whether you're running a 64-bit or 32-bit operating system, so it has to be 32-bit. Based on that determination, it then installs the proper version. Since we didn't want to uninstall the old 32-bit version when we first released the 64-bit Beta, we opted to install them side-by-side, which is in the x86 directory on 64-bit Windows. The plan was to fix this for the official release, installing on the correct version and in the correct location, but it seems that didn't get done. So that's back on the punch list, where it should have been previously.

As you confirmed, though, it is indeed running the correct version for you. That's the most important thing.
Rob,

Confirming the information, I did a fresh install of Realmworks this morning using the newest 251 build on a fresh desktop pc running an i9-9900k and Windows 10 Pro. I am certain I am running 64bit for my OS and the installer defaulted to the 'Program Files (x86)' folder. I overrode that myself and installed to the 'Program Files'. Install appears fine otherwise. Just wanted to let you know that the fix didn't get in, as you indicated.

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote