Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

revlazaro

Old June 29th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Forgive me if it's been asked before:

But I was wondering if we'd have any possibility for adding our own custom templates/splats in the editor? Or if that's too "hardwired" in?

I was thinking of writing in my own stuff for the games that aren't currently supported yet, as well as homebrewed rules (like on the fan-made submission thread on the WW forums).
revlazaro is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
revlazaro

Old June 29th, 2010, 04:09 PM
just in case that was too broad a question....
essentially, I was wondering if there was a way to add a custom field similar to Clan, Kith etc. and then tie in related options (like a custom version of Covenants or Discipline forms tied to the template choice.)

Like, for instance, I have some homebrewed cyberpunk rules I use with NWoD rules. It would be cool to have a "Cyberpunk" template (like Vampire), with Archetype choices (Like Clans for Vampires, except replaced with stuff like Solo, Hacker, Medic etc.), related factions (like Covenants, except labeled like Yakuza, Mafia, Corporation etc.) and a custom power selection (like Disciplines, except label it "Cyberware")

I wasn't sure if I could pull it off using any of the Authoring Software and the NWoD files or not. If it's doable, I may be tacking on yet another game system to my account
revlazaro is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 29th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Rob can do a better job of answering your main questions, but adding the authoring kit won't give you any more editing capabilities for one of the packaged systems (like WoD) than that package alone. The structural files for the packaged game system are not publicly available, so there's nothing to work with.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
revlazaro

Old June 29th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Kinda what I figured, but I'd thought I'd ask.

I was really impressed with what you can do with the current WoD tools; but unfortunately my group seems to swing more towards Mage, Hunter and Werewolf more. Go fig.

Oh well, you're still my favorite for 4E and Savage Worlds. I'll probably splurge for the Pathfinder instead.
revlazaro is offline   #4 Reply With Quote