Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Stormwarden

Old October 11th, 2011, 11:27 AM
I'm looking in the editor at the Magus class, the Bladebound archtype, and the Arcane Pool and don't see anything that controls the number of arcane pool points. Any help would be appreciated.
Stormwarden is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 11th, 2011, 11:31 AM
It's in the eval script on the Arcane Pool class special - the part that sets field[trkMax].value:
Code:
field[trkMax].value += maximum(round(field[xAllLev].value/2,0,-1),1) + #attrmod[aINT]
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Stormwarden

Old October 11th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Ahha, I see. One more thing please. What in the Bladebound archtype alters the arcane pool progression from 1/2 to 1/3?

The modify custom ability count appears to be modifying the Arcana progression and that's the only other thing I see in the archtype beside the black blade abilities.

Thanks again.
Stormwarden is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 11th, 2011, 12:47 PM
The modification is on a class ability called Black Blade.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
Stormwarden

Old October 13th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Thanks Mathias.

Is it possible that the Black Blade arcane pool adjustment calculation is being run twice? That would explain the discrepancy.

You're calculating the Black Blade's arcane pool by taking the initial normal magus number (half level) and subtracting that number then adding the correct number (1/3 level).

In other words, if X is the number of arcane pool points that a normal magus has, and Y is the number that a Bladebound should have, the calculation that HL should be running is:

X+(Y-X)

Which is, of course, Y. This should be correct. However, what appears to be happening, based only on the numbers I'm seeing in HL, is X+(Y-X)+(Y-X).

Last edited by Stormwarden; October 13th, 2011 at 05:38 PM. Reason: clarity
Stormwarden is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Stormwarden

Old October 13th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Ok, I see the problem. The Bladebound archetype adds 2 special abilities, Black Blade and Black Blade Abilities. Both special abilities perform the above calculation. Only one of them should.
Stormwarden is offline   #6 Reply With Quote