Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Kaleb

Old December 8th, 2010, 05:19 PM
I have a Multiclass Character Inquisitor and a custom class both with a 3/4 BAB. He is now eigth level and his bab is being caculated as 5 when it should be 6 this effects his iritive attacks. Could this be a rounding issue in the program. What I think is happening is that the prgroam is taking the 3/4 bab from each class and adding them together and rounding down instead of adding the class levels together and then multiplying by.75.
Kaleb is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Leonal

Old December 8th, 2010, 05:41 PM
If you multiclass two 3/4 BAB classes you will have a BAB of 5 at lvl 8.

You're not supposed to multiply anything. If you have Inquisitor 5 (BAB 3) and custom class 3 (BAB 2) you get 3+2=5. You'll get your second attack at lvl 9.

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/c...#multiclassing
Leonal is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 9th, 2010, 07:55 AM
The "Attack Bonus" listed in the basics summary isn't the "Base Attack Bonus" - it's a modified attack bonus including things like size modifiers, spells or class abilities that give a bonus/penalty to all attacks, etc. Is your character a halfling/gnome?
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 9th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
The "Attack Bonus" listed in the basics summary isn't the "Base Attack Bonus" - it's a modified attack bonus including things like size modifiers, spells or class abilities that give a bonus/penalty to all attacks, etc. Is your character a halfling/gnome?
Don't suppose we can get a BAB added somewhere like right above like:
BAB +5
Basic Attack Bonus +6

... Or am I dreaming? ;-)
risner is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 9th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Yes, this is on my to-do list.

Last edited by Mathias; December 9th, 2010 at 08:20 AM.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Stormwarden

Old December 9th, 2010, 09:47 AM
What the OP is referring to is an optional rule called 'Fractional BAB and Saves' or something like that. It carries the fractions forward on saves and BABs from multiple classes and only truncates after the values have been added.

The rule appeared in the 3.5 Unearthed Arcana and I really wish it was an option in HL. Otherwise you have sillyness like a Bard 1/Cleric 1/Inquisitor 1/Oracle 1 having a BAB of +0 rather than a +3 (the way the OP is calculating it). Not that such a class combination should be viable, but it demonstrates the extreme.
Stormwarden is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 9th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Searching this forum for "Fractional" I find this thread: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...ght=fractional

Which will hopefully be helpful for you if you want to implement this as a house rule.
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote