Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 16th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Along with the V3.6 release of Hero Lab, a new set of WoD data files (V2.17) is also included. Below is a quick summary of all the changes.

The one thing that I ran out of time on was a new character sheet that would incorporate some of the things that have been asked for. It's definitely on my list and I'll do my best to get it in soon.

Enhancements:
  • The Configure Character form now allows easier access to the settings for the character.
  • When you create an NPC, an NPC tab now appears before the Personal tab. Details entered on the NPC tab appear in statblock output.
  • Milestone merits for Changelings must be designated via the new "Specialized Behaviors" option that is now available for merits.
  • Milestone merits are mutually exclusive, reporting a validation error is more than one is selected.
  • Added Personal Vehicle category, as well as the personal vehicles listed in the Armory supplement.
  • Vehicles are now grouped by category when displayed for selection.
  • Wound penalties are now shown within the last three health boxes on the character sheet.
  • Added net armor protection to the "Combat" table at the top of the character sheet.
  • Added all contracts and entitlements from Lords of Summer.
  • Added "wikitext" statblock output from the "File" -> "Output Active Hero Summary" menu item.

Bug Fixes:
  • The "Cheval" ritual was incorrectly transcribed as "Choral" within the data files. Only the name of the ritual has been changed - not the unique id - to ensure that no saved portfolios are broken by the change.
  • Within the Editor, the "Only Valid During Advancement" option for Merits was behaving as "Only Valid at Creation".
  • Fixed an issue where the "Broken Mirror" merit would report an error after being added and would cost 2XP instead of being free.
  • Animals no longer allow printing of an empty (and inappropriate) journal.
  • When editing pledges, the pledge text and description may now include newlines.
  • Contracts with a domain (e.g. Elements) properly include the domain in sheet and statblock output.
  • Contracts with a domain (e.g. Elements) properly list the contract levels in sheet output.
rob is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Noctivagus

Old March 16th, 2010, 03:02 PM
I love that NPC stat block. I actually would love to have that appear on a regular sheet. Nice work!
Noctivagus is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 16th, 2010, 03:35 PM
The new NPC stuff will definitely be included in the new character sheet - once I get it implemented.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
jonbartels

Old March 16th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post

Enhancements:
  • The Configure Character form now allows easier access to the settings for the character.
  • When you create an NPC, an NPC tab now appears before the Personal tab. Details entered on the NPC tab appear in statblock output.
  • Milestone merits for Changelings must be designated via the new "Specialized Behaviors" option that is now available for merits.
  • Milestone merits are mutually exclusive, reporting a validation error is more than one is selected.
  • Added Personal Vehicle category, as well as the personal vehicles listed in the Armory supplement.
  • Vehicles are now grouped by category when displayed for selection.
  • Wound penalties are now shown within the last three health boxes on the character sheet.
  • Added net armor protection to the "Combat" table at the top of the character sheet.
  • Added all contracts and entitlements from Lords of Summer.
  • Added "wikitext" statblock output from the "File" -> "Output Active Hero Summary" menu item.

Bug Fixes:
  • The "Cheval" ritual was incorrectly transcribed as "Choral" within the data files. Only the name of the ritual has been changed - not the unique id - to ensure that no saved portfolios are broken by the change.
  • Within the Editor, the "Only Valid During Advancement" option for Merits was behaving as "Only Valid at Creation".
  • Fixed an issue where the "Broken Mirror" merit would report an error after being added and would cost 2XP instead of being free.
  • Animals no longer allow printing of an empty (and inappropriate) journal.
  • When editing pledges, the pledge text and description may now include newlines.
  • Contracts with a domain (e.g. Elements) properly include the domain in sheet and statblock output.
  • Contracts with a domain (e.g. Elements) properly list the contract levels in sheet output.
you missed "the order of oneirophysics" entitlement
jonbartels is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
HoldenA

Old March 16th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Thanks so much, your the best!
HoldenA is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Nockerkin

Old March 17th, 2010, 10:42 PM
I updated both HeroLab and World of Darkness and received this after opening the software...

Thing 'vScopter' - Value for stat 'equality' is outside bounds for numeric stat (0 to 5)

This error has caused many if not all of my editor data files to be excluded...
Any suggestions? I have a game this Saturday with over 30 players that will mob me if this isn't corrected soon.

Please help

-Jim
Nockerkin is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 17th, 2010, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nockerkin View Post
I updated both HeroLab and World of Darkness and received this after opening the software...

Thing 'vScopter' - Value for stat 'equality' is outside bounds for numeric stat (0 to 5)

This error has caused many if not all of my editor data files to be excluded...
The "Quality" rating of equipment is supposed to range from 0 to 5 within WoD. In V3.6, we instituted stricter verification of field bounding, and it sounds like you've got equipment with ratings outside the valid range.

Please open your user-created data file containing the thing "vScopter" within the Editor and take a look at that entry. If the value is not within the proper 0-5 range, please change it to a valid value. Then try loading the files again and the problem should go away for that thing.

You will need to make this correction for all things that have non-compliant field values. The compiler will point out which things have the errors by identifying their unique ids. You should then be able to load your files, locate the things with the errors, and get them corrected in reasonably short order.

Hope this helps....
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Nockerkin

Old March 18th, 2010, 12:53 AM
I'm sorry Rob...

You of course know your stuff... I labeled the number of Passengers in a vehicle under Quality because I had no where else to put it. This is kept it from working right and therefore kept all my other merits and add-ins from being accepted.

Thanks...

Just a question though. What’s the chance of having a 3rd page on the print out... listing all the details of a piece of equipment, vehicle and weapon like it has in the Lab?
...maybe a place to mark off Ammunition for a Ranged weapon as well?

Oh and some of my AST’s want an XP log print out… can that be done?

Sorry for all the requests, you've been so hard at work with everything else. I hate to seem ungrateful. I do love Herolabs
Nockerkin is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 19th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Glad you got that figured out!

Quote:
Just a question though. What’s the chance of having a 3rd page on the print out... listing all the details of a piece of equipment, vehicle and weapon like it has in the Lab?
...maybe a place to mark off Ammunition for a Ranged weapon as well?
That's all stuff that I want to include in the overhauled character sheet. So the chance is "very high". I just need to get it done. It's currently one of the top things on my WoD todo list.

Quote:
Oh and some of my AST’s want an XP log print out… can that be done?
So you just want a list of XP awards (from the journal) and XP expenditures (i.e. advancements) on one page. Right? If so, that's definitely doable. I'll add it to the todo list.

Quote:
Sorry for all the requests, you've been so hard at work with everything else. I hate to seem ungrateful. I do love Herolabs
No Problem. The requests help us prioritize what to add next. :-)
rob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote