Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 11th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Hi all,

New updates are now available for both second and third edition M&M. You can find them on the updates mechanism - as usual, please let us know if you run into any problems with the new files.

Thanks! Here's a list of the enhancements we made with this release. We also fixed a number of bugs in these releases - you can see the complete list of fixes by viewing the data file FAQ from the Help menu.

M&M3 Enhancements:
  • Added the "Library" tab, which appears if you have the Artificier, Inventor, or Ritualist advantage, or if the "Always Show Library Tab" setting is enabled under "Optional Rules". This tab is intended for you to keep track of common powers you use with the Rituals and Inventions rules, or just powers you often use as Power Stunts.
  • The Emerald City Sentinels are now included as sample and stock heroes.
  • Updated 2e archetypes added (thanks Nathan K!)
  • Scripts can now increase the base movement speed and throwing distance of a hero by N ranks, by increasing the "Value" field of the "Movement" or "Throwing" picks by N.
  • Added the "Density" power extra to the Growth power.
  • Added the "Speed of Thought" advantage, allowing you to use your Intellect for initiative (as seen in the Threat Reports).
  • Added run and swim speed to the "Base Movement Speed" movement ability.
  • Added an "Extra Ranks" power option to all powers with options, which can be used to increase the number of ranks when the power is used as an attack.
  • Added a "Customize" extra for Affliction that allows you to enter text to choose the resistance to and conditions imposed by the power.
  • Details text for power modifiers, etc, is now displayed in the new M&M3 style. I.e., instead of "Burst Area (30 feet radius sphere)", it now shows "Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere".
  • Description text on the character sheet now spans both columns if necessary.
    When printing statblocks of all heroes in the portfolio, their PL is now displayed beside their name.
  • Stacking ranks for powers are displayed after the rank, e.g. "Speed 4+2" for Speed 4 with an additional 2 ranks stacked with it.

And in M&M2:
  • Added the "Library" tab, which appears if you have the Artificier, Inventor, or Ritualist feat, or if the "Always Show Library Tab" setting is enabled under "Optional Rules". This tab is intended for you to keep track of common powers you use with the Rituals and Inventions rules, or just powers you often use as Power Stunts.
  • When printing statblocks of all heroes in the portfolio, their PL is now displayed beside their name.
  • Stacking ranks for powers are displayed after the rank, e.g. "Speed 4+2" for
  • Speed 4 with an additional 2 ranks stacked with it.

Enjoy!
Colen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 11th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Hi all,

New updates are now available for both second and third edition M&M. You can find them on the updates mechanism - as usual, please let us know if you run into any problems with the new files.

Thanks! Here's a list of the enhancements we made with this release. We also fixed a number of bugs in these releases - you can see the complete list of fixes by viewing the data file FAQ from the Help menu.

M&M3 Enhancements:
  • Added the "Library" tab, which appears if you have the Artificier, Inventor, or Ritualist advantage, or if the "Always Show Library Tab" setting is enabled under "Optional Rules". This tab is intended for you to keep track of common powers you use with the Rituals and Inventions rules, or just powers you often use as Power Stunts.
  • The Emerald City Sentinels are now included as sample and stock heroes.
  • Updated 2e archetypes added (thanks Nathan K!)
  • Scripts can now increase the base movement speed and throwing distance of a hero by N ranks, by increasing the "Value" field of the "Movement" or "Throwing" picks by N.
  • Added the "Density" power extra to the Growth power.
  • Added the "Speed of Thought" advantage, allowing you to use your Intellect for initiative (as seen in the Threat Reports).
  • Added run and swim speed to the "Base Movement Speed" movement ability.
  • Added an "Extra Ranks" power option to all powers with options, which can be used to increase the number of ranks when the power is used as an attack.
  • Added a "Customize" extra for Affliction that allows you to enter text to choose the resistance to and conditions imposed by the power.
  • Details text for power modifiers, etc, is now displayed in the new M&M3 style. I.e., instead of "Burst Area (30 feet radius sphere)", it now shows "Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere".
    When printing statblocks of all heroes in the portfolio, their PL is now displayed beside their name.
  • Stacking ranks for powers are displayed after the rank, e.g. "Speed 4+2" for Speed 4 with an additional 2 ranks stacked with it.

And in M&M2:
  • Added the "Library" tab, which appears if you have the Artificier, Inventor, or Ritualist feat, or if the "Always Show Library Tab" setting is enabled under "Optional Rules". This tab is intended for you to keep track of common powers you use with the Rituals and Inventions rules, or just powers you often use as Power Stunts.
  • When printing statblocks of all heroes in the portfolio, their PL is now displayed beside their name.

Enjoy!
Thanks Colen,

I'll dig into it later but I did see that on my "secondary" character I can now have both the Damage/Fatigue Section and the Attacks Section at the same time and that the correction was made to the "helpless" condition on the Player Aid Sheet. The font on the P.A.S. and the skills section of my sheet sometimes minimizes for some lines but not others.....that may be a setting in Adobe Reader and not HL's fault so I'll investigate on my end as well.

Would it be possible to make the contents of the Library Tab something one can select to print out like is currently done with the Player Aid Sheet, Journal, etc.? It's a bit of a short-coming if HL does all the math for you and has it all neat & organized but you can't print that "list" off to have with you at the game table with the rest of your character sheet(s).

FYI: I say sheets because I'm verbose in my descriptions/notes section and Wayfarer has lots of little powers & pictures to go with his minions/vehicles/HQ so the "character sheet" goes on for 8 pages.

After posting this I realized it might be more appropriate in the Ritual book-keeping thread.....please move it there Colen if you concur.

Happy to see the update,
Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer

Last edited by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer; March 11th, 2011 at 07:57 PM.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old March 12th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Something I didn't know until Colen pointed it out to me, but in the Library, you can mouse-over the "?" icon on a power you've made to see what the base times and DC's for creating the Invention, Artifact, or Ritual are. SWEET!

Nice job, Colen! This'll be a huge boon to my inventor type players!!
Shadowchaser is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old March 15th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Very minor thing. This has probably been around for a while, but Knowledge (theology & philsophy) is missing an 'o'.
Duggan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
fillerbunny_x1

Old March 16th, 2011, 09:21 AM
@Duggan- that skill actually covers knowledge of gods and how to talk about Phil.
fillerbunny_x1 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sketchpad

Old March 16th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowchaser View Post
Something I didn't know until Colen pointed it out to me, but in the Library, you can mouse-over the "?" icon on a power you've made to see what the base times and DC's for creating the Invention, Artifact, or Ritual are. SWEET!

Nice job, Colen! This'll be a huge boon to my inventor type players!!
I hadn't seen that ... thanks for pointing that out SC That is pretty flamin' sweet!

DT Butchino | Writer, Illustrator, Designer
DeviantArt|Facebook|Twitter
Sketchpad is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old March 21st, 2011, 03:16 PM
Two more 3.1 bugs mentioned in this http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=40113. Looks like both are 3E.
Duggan is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 21st, 2011, 04:49 PM
Thanks Duggan, I'll check the think tank threads too.
Colen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote