Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Spence

Old February 6th, 2011, 11:48 AM
A Squad sheet.

Right now you can print a full character sheet which is cool and options to modify and such have brought up elsewhere.

I would like to request a second print format that give a condensed version of the stats/abilities and adds multiple damage/ammo/item/ability tracks so a GM can use it to control multiple extras/mooks/minions/monsters.
Spence is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sinner666

Old February 6th, 2011, 12:10 PM
A monster builder feature in general would be a nice add on in general for HL. It does not even have to be 4e specific but can work for all the systems HL supports.
Sinner666 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 6th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner666 View Post
A monster builder feature in general would be a nice add on in general for HL. It does not even have to be 4e specific but can work for all the systems HL supports.
I build monsters all the time in HL. Including adding class levels and template to monsters all the time. So what do you mean by monster builder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence View Post
A Squad sheet.

Right now you can print a full character sheet which is cool and options to modify and such have brought up elsewhere.

I would like to request a second print format that give a condensed version of the stats/abilities and adds multiple damage/ammo/item/ability tracks so a GM can use it to control multiple extras/mooks/minions/monsters.
For NPCs I just print out the Stat block(File->Output Active Hero Statblock). That gets you the condensed version of a hero.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Spence

Old February 6th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
For NPCs I just print out the Stat block(File->Output Active Hero Statblock). That gets you the condensed version of a hero.
That would work, but I'd love to see multiple damage and use tracks on the bottom/side/where ever ID'd by numbers. Mook #1, Mook # 2 etc.

Output Active Hero Squad sheet would give you the stat block plus a number of damage and use/ammo tracks.

As a GM if I need a squad of Orcs, Nazi's whatever, I can print this and not only have the stats, but a neat legible place to mark off damage/uses.
Spence is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 6th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Spence, what you're talking about is something we already have on our to-do list, but have not implemented yet. Also remember to be specific about the game system - each one will need a different format and display different information.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
skrahen

Old February 15th, 2011, 03:25 PM
I would like to start out by saying i love what you are doing with both herolab and army builder.
A feature i am using a ton from army builder is the mobile roster where it exports the roster file as an .htm
Is there a way to do this with a herolab character?
The mobile roster is the most useful thing for my ipad short of actually having the army builder program as an app. Which by the way i will purchase as soon as its available. I think an htm output for a herolab character would be similarly useful to me, until such time as you put out a herolab app. Which i am also eagerly awaiting. I know the programs share a similar foundation which is why i asked if there was already a way to do it in herolab.
Thanks for your time,
~scott
skrahen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 17th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrahen View Post
I would like to start out by saying i love what you are doing with both herolab and army builder.
A feature i am using a ton from army builder is the mobile roster where it exports the roster file as an .htm
Is there a way to do this with a herolab character?
The mobile roster is the most useful thing for my ipad short of actually having the army builder program as an app. Which by the way i will purchase as soon as its available. I think an htm output for a herolab character would be similarly useful to me, until such time as you put out a herolab app. Which i am also eagerly awaiting. I know the programs share a similar foundation which is why i asked if there was already a way to do it in herolab.
Thanks for your time,
~scott
Yes, there is an HTML output option for HL. Go File -> Output Active Hero Statblock. Click the HTML tab, and Save to File. It's not as nice as the full character sheet, but should suffice.
FifthWanderer is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Spence

Old February 17th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Spence, what you're talking about is something we already have on our to-do list, but have not implemented yet. Also remember to be specific about the game system - each one will need a different format and display different information.
Thanks. And that makes sense about needing to know which system.
Spence is offline   #8 Reply With Quote