Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
chiefweasel

Old June 4th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Hey all, I had an idea the other day. Well I had several but only one really fits in here. I see that many folks are creating their own content for Hero Lab, which is great. This is a huge jump from last year when it seemed like lawful_g and myself were the only ones pushing out files. So huzzah to all of you.

Now with that in mind, my idea is to help organize who is doing what. Right now everyone is working in the dark from any projects that anyone else is working on. So let’s simplify all that and focus the community to the benefit of everyone. To that end I purpose a tracking mechanism for the HL community. I will create a listing of all the books for D&D 3.5 and 4.0 as well as Pathfinder. I will then create a listing of sub topics for each book/publication and provide a way for people to choose what they would like to work on. For instance, the D&D 3.5 Complete Arcane. I will set up tasks for:

Skills
Feats
Spells
Tricks
Magic items
Prestige Classes
Combine them all to one data set

I will post this listing on my web site with a link from the Hero Lab User Repository located at www.cheeseweasel.net. The listing will look something like:

Publication Who Start Date Completed
Complete Arcane (D&D 3.5)
Skills Cheifweasel 6/1/2010
Feats
Spells Lawful_g 5/22/2010
Tricks
Magic items Shadow 6/1/2010
Prestige Classes
Class 1
Class 2
Class 3
Combine them all to one data set

Any slots that are left open are available for anyone to take and complete. Just let me know at chiefweasel@cheeseweasel.net and I will put you down. Now we do ask that if you can’t work on the project, please don’t take it. We would like to complete the tasks assigned and make the content available to everyone. So while you may have good intention, please don’t bite off more than you can chew. One of my hopes in this is that by breaking all the larger projects down, we can better coordinate working being done and break out the workload to several people.

Over the next week, I will be creating the listing for each publication. I'll post the file location and web page in a few days as well. I am bound to miss something along the way though, so just let me know and I’ll add it all in. I will also put all the information into an excel spreadsheet that I will make available to anyone who wants as well. I'll do the D&D 3.5 stuff first. If anyone else have listings or would like the format to create the listings for me, that would be great. Thanks, I welcome your comments.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote