Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

daplunk

Old January 22nd, 2017, 06:43 PM

Hi Team,

So... we have the ability to import and export! WHICH IS AMAZING! However right now we don't have any content. Since we have a bit of time before the content market is released I figured why don't we all work together to create some content that can later be released to the entire community!

I propose that we, the collective group of RW Game Masters, work together to create a dungeon that can later be shared with everyone!

Think of it as an opportunity to really give this new functionality a good and proper test while also showing the amazing potential that exists within Realm Works to create, manipulate and share content!

How To Participate
If you want to join in, simply do the following:
  • Post below indicating your interest.
  • Create a one-shot dungeon designed to last 2-4 hours.
  • Draw a map up using what ever means you have available. I have a CC3+ and will work with users to transform your map into something similar to below.
  • Create the dungeon within Realm Works and import your map, put pins on the map and link to the content contained within that location.
  • Game System = System Neutral (So it will work for everyone)
  • Export the dungeon from Realm Works
  • Zip the export up and find a way to share it with us (Google Drive, OneDrive, Drop Box, etc).
  • Submit a New Issue at the RW_Community_Repositor.
  • Volunteers will then work to merge the content into a master realm which will then be shared with the community.

Content Restrictions
No copyright content can be used.
Content should be suitable for all ages (lets keep it appropriate for the kids).

Content Standards
Content Sharing Guidelines

Game System
Please use the 'System Neutral' game system to build your dungeon realm. Having consulted with LW on this they suggest this as the best game system to use for compatibility with all other game systems.

Game Setting
The aim will be a generic fantasy setting since that is a popular setting that people use.

Timeline
Dungeons don't create themselves over-night and we all have work and RPG's to run. Therefore dungeon entries will be accepted from now until the start of March 2017.

Theme
Personally I don't think we need one. Lets focus on making something random and fun.

Handling Monster Stats
I suggest we don't attempt to handle monster stats. Lets assume the user will already have the monsters at their disposal. We can therefore type monster names and make them bold indicating the user should refer to the bestiary of their game system. RW should links to the content anyway should the user have those monsters entered.

To get us started here is a generic overland entrance that should be easy enough for any of us to slide into just about any setting and hopefully get those creative juices flowing.

CLICK HERE to discuss the overland map and make suggestions on the content of the overland map.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials

Last edited by daplunk; February 6th, 2017 at 06:21 PM.
daplunk is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old January 22nd, 2017, 08:44 PM
Interesting idea!

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Shadowy_one

Old January 22nd, 2017, 09:43 PM
I'm interested.
Shadowy_one is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old January 23rd, 2017, 02:27 AM
I'm designing a puzzle level. Going to focus it completely on puzzles and traps. See if the players can kill themselves without my involvement.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old January 23rd, 2017, 05:35 AM
This looks awesome! Not sure how much time I'll have to contribute but I'll try. At the very least I'll be following along!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old January 23rd, 2017, 02:42 PM
Great to see some discussion starting to happen over at the GitHub.

I've created an issue to start tracking the level I'm working on. It's a huge puzzle that could prove rather deadly to a party who fails to think it through.

Need some opinions on suitable damage for such a puzzle. To make it so the player's can't reach the end by simply soaking damage it really needs to do some serious damage. But is it going to be too hard for the party?

Don't Cross The Same Color Twice!

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
mazzy

Old January 23rd, 2017, 03:51 PM
I'm totally loving this idea! I'm interested and will be putting time aside to work on this throughout the weeks. Thanks, daplunk and LW for including the community in a fun and engaging way
mazzy is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old January 23rd, 2017, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Great to see some discussion starting to happen over at the GitHub.

I've created an issue to start tracking the level I'm working on. It's a huge puzzle that could prove rather deadly to a party who fails to think it through.

Need some opinions on suitable damage for such a puzzle. To make it so the player's can't reach the end by simply soaking damage it really needs to do some serious damage. But is it going to be too hard for the party?

Don't Cross The Same Color Twice!
Hmm, that depends on the system - it sounds like you are planning for a system where people have a ton of hit points (a fighter in D&D). Other systems might be different - one good hit = one kill.

It also depends on whether you are the GM-type to easily kill your PCs or you tend to keep them alive because they are important to the epic story that is unfolding.

Edit:
Read your bit on github - that could work. 25% is 25% :-)

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old January 23rd, 2017, 09:22 PM
daplunk/Vargr,

I have one word for you: Grimtooths

Dave

Castles & Crusades Ruleset for Hero Lab
Hero Lab (5E D&D) -> Fantasy Grounds Character Converter
BoomerET is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
llothos

Old January 23rd, 2017, 09:47 PM
Sorry I thought the idea behind this wasn't to create a 2 to 4 hour adventure. I thought it was to design a level of a dungeon to be put in a master dungeon and creating a larger scale quest. I would say this would be akin to ruins of undermountain where it was a massive multi leveled dungeon that would take several sessions to complete.
llothos is offline   #10 Reply With Quote