Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Closed Thread

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 29th, 2014, 11:32 AM
So time flies by! Looking at my .user files notes I see many of my original Hero Lab files date back to 2009. This means it has been 6 years! In 6 years HL software has had many changes and many advancements including getting to the iPad.

The "ideas" behind my first simple .user files that where hosted by Chiefweasel have long ago been integrated into Hero Lab officially. What started as a simple forum post Paris.Crenshaw, Bodrin, ValaraukarU and myself had about adventure paths eventually turned into what everyone knows today as the Community Bestiary. It has been a long fun and interesting 6 years!

The problems is what these "community files" and "packages" started as and what they "need" to be to support the community today in 2015 is very different. So different that because of "future" enhancements to Hero Lab I am going to be making some very drastic changes to all the community packages. During this time of change I am sure new issues will come about and you will need to learn a new layout of "Packs" (new name). So please have patience with me and the community stuff during this time.

In the end this will make things easier to support and hopefully easier to use for the community. These new Packs will be designed to build upon each other as I have learned people "love" to install everything. I am hopeful that this new design will be more intuitive in what needs to be installed.

If anyone is interested in the full layout they are welcome to view it HERE on my evernote I have shared. Its still a work in progress but most of the ideas are present.

So currently this is a note to begin preparing people for the changes that are too come. When they do please watch this forum post for updates. But I will also have notices going out through LW's facebook, newsletters, and Paizo forums. Also new threads will appear and the old d20pfsrd threads will be locked down to consolidate everything into one place.

I understand that change sucks and that this is going to be causing some "waves" during the transition but in the end it will be better for everyone.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; January 21st, 2015 at 03:28 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1
shatterjack

Old December 29th, 2014, 05:56 PM
One way in particular that this should help is with content that draws from more than one source. For example, Path of War contains a couple of archetypes for the psionic classes that I was not able to implement, because I had to assume the package was being used by a user who did not also have Ultimate Psionics. Bringing it all together like this will allow us to do that kind of thing more cleanly, to name but one benefit.

Also, hooray for consistent filenaming conventions!
shatterjack is offline   #2
ShadowChemosh

Old January 1st, 2015, 03:07 PM
FAQs for Community Package Changes:

1) Where and HOW do I get these new Packs?
A: See THIS post for full details. But the new Packs are downloaded from inside of HL and all start with the wording "Pathfinder XXXXX Pack". Where XXXX is the name of the specific pack.

2) HL Continues to tell me to update old/deprecated packages?
A: If you are still getting an Update Notice for a old deprecated community package (Ultimate Psionics, SGG, Path of War) you need to do a small step to make it stop. Start HL and Pathfinder and go to "Tools->Manage Third Party Updates" and find the old package and "delete it". The files are already converted over to the new pack so you will NOT lose anything. HL will then stop telling you about the update.

3) How do a do a simple "Fresh" install of the new community Packs?
A: To do a "fresh" install on Windows (idea is similar on Mac) is go to your "C:\ProgramData\HeroLab\data\Pathfinder" folder and rename it to "pathfinder_old". Then go to the "C:\programData\HeroLab\download\pathfinder.hl" file and run this to start a fresh install of the Pathfinder Game system. If you plan to use the Community Bestiary or Community Player Pack you must install them BEFORE you install any of the "new" packs you wish to use. You do NOT have to install the Community Bestiary or Community Player Pack if you don't plan to use them.

4) If I want the Pathfinder 3PP Pack do I need to first install the Pathfinder Basic Pack?
A: Currently no. The "Basic Pack" is now contained inside of each other Pack. So if you only download the Pathfinder 3PP Pack then Basic Pack will be installed also automatically.

5) The only error I'm still getting is "abDRCIrMag", which this post says is because of a change to Cold Iron DR a while ago.
A: This is a known-issue and will be fixed when I redo the Community Bestiary and deprecate the Community Player Pack.

6) I am getting an error that is causing HL to not load any addons. What can I try?
A: One option to try is to download the Pack again. Let it overwrite the download and install again. This "some" times works and does not take long to try. If still getting an error please RIGHT click on the error window and PASTE the error message into this thread.

7) I am getting an error how can I paste it into this thread?
A: If you are getting a error window you can always RIGHT mouse click and select COPY to copy all the errors. Then you can past them into an post to help others diagnose what is wrong.

8) Error: Attempt to access field 'sPrepCount' that does not exist for thing 'puDetPsi0'
Location: 'field calculate' script for Field 'sScrCost' near line 39

A: Its a bug in the background component script and not something I can fix. I have put in an official bug report with all the information so they can duplicate it. It should be fixed in the next official release. If you are playing the character you can suppress the error by going to "Develop->Enable Data File Debugging" and turning it OFF. Then you won't see the message every-time you make a change.

9) Is there an order to loading the new Packs or the old Community Bestiary?
A: Temporally there is a specific order. The "Community Bestiary" or "Community Player Pack" MUST be installed before any of the new "Packs" get installed. If in example you loaded the "Basic Pack" first and then the Community Bestiary you will get errors like THESE. If so the fix is simple. Just download the "Basic Pack" again and install it. You should be good to go then.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; January 18th, 2015 at 10:31 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3
ShadowChemosh

Old January 1st, 2015, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Pathfinder Campaign Pack

Installation Instructions
See THIS post for full details.

Where are the Encounter Files?
  • The Forgotten Forge - Zip file for encounter files for the Eberron module The Forgotten Forge.
The Eberron Campaign setting addon has just become the new "Campaign Pack" and version 3.0 has been pushed out to everyone!

Version Notes

v3.0 January 1, 2015
Bug Fixes
-Fixed some Warforged Body Armor issues including Mithral body giving the wrong stats.
-Improved Action Point tracker. It now displays number of uses per level and includes the number and size of dice to roll.
-Action Point tracker is no longer reset with the new "Night's Rest" button.
-Misc script fixes. Including adding situational text to skills and saves.

New Features
-Added "Pathfinder" change notes that where missing from some of the Eberron Races.
-Added new check box in Configure Your Hero to "Hide all Non-Eberron Deities" if you wish. See "Data File Authoring" section below if this hides any "eberron" gods you have added.

Data File Authoring
-To have any custom gods NOT get hidden you need to open your .user file and for your "Deity" click the edit button next to "Deity Category" and check mark "Eberron Deities". Now your custom god will no longer get hidden.
-To make it easier to give bonus feats to the Artificer the BonusFor.S2Artifice tag was added. So any custom feats marked with this tag will be allowed to be chosen by the Artificer base class as a bonus feat.
-All files have been renamed to COM_CampaignPack_Eberron.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ReadMe.pdf (113.0 KB, 19 views)

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; January 2nd, 2015 at 07:44 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4
Manalishi66

Old January 1st, 2015, 03:33 PM
The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Classes.user (line 3) - Encountered unknown element tag 'loadonce'

Just wanted you to know this is what I ran into so you can hopefully fix it for me and others.
Manalishi66 is offline   #5
ShadowChemosh

Old January 1st, 2015, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manalishi66 View Post
The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Classes.user (line 3) - Encountered unknown element tag 'loadonce'

Just wanted you to know this is what I ran into so you can hopefully fix it for me and others.
Download it again and let it over write. I accidentally left in a new XML element that only works with the next version of Hero Lab. Sorry...

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6
djdragon

Old January 1st, 2015, 06:20 PM
Shadow don't know why you are doing this on New Year's day. But cool. Just tried the 3.1 basic. Load errors exist. It keeps saying 3.1 is available and the file contents say 3.0 and the Data load error still happens. When you get a chance please look into this. And just want to say I love your stuff. Thanks so much enjoy whats left of the holiday!
djdragon is offline   #7
andrewm9

Old January 1st, 2015, 06:34 PM
I still keep getting a similar error and no many how many times I delete and retry it the file does not load. Also of note is that it continues to prompt me for Pathfinder Basic Pack (3.1)

File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Feats.user (line 3) - Encountered unknown element tag 'loadonce'

Last edited by andrewm9; January 1st, 2015 at 06:54 PM.
andrewm9 is offline   #8
Kalladar

Old January 1st, 2015, 08:24 PM
I have loaded the pack about 20 times and it always fails with similar error messages to those experienced by Andrewm9. Also, with campaign 3.0 and basic 3.1 we need no other data sets for the same stuff we had about 10 of previously. Is that correct. It was unclear above.
Kalladar is offline   #9
ShadowChemosh

Old January 1st, 2015, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdragon View Post
Shadow don't know why you are doing this on New Year's day. But cool.
Cause I am crazy! I had the whole week off so I had time.

Sorry All! Not a promising start. Left the new XML in another file. I really removed them all this time. So it will now load. Really!

So v3.2 is out! Which I loaded on to my laptop running HL v6.1 and it loaded! Hopefully I don't do that again.

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; January 1st, 2015 at 09:05 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10
Closed Thread