Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Harliquinn

Old August 13th, 2013, 04:46 AM
Have had a few issues:
1) Installed game no problem but when I filled out information, using my email as my password resulted in "Invalid characters".
2) I tried a different password and then got a confirmation email to my email address, but when I clicked the link to confirm, it said there was an error with my confirmation
3) I tried to submit a bug report and it came back with an error sending that.
This might mean there's a server problem this morning, but in the meantime I'm not sure where my account creation stands.

I've tried to create it again but says the account is active. However, I cannot get the confirmation link to work. Is there anything that can be done or do I have to create a new account with a new username?

John
Harliquinn is offline   #1
DaddyDragon

Old August 13th, 2013, 04:51 AM
I'm having a similar problem.

Everything went smooth up through getting to the login screen after account creation. Had an all green tree down the right side before moving to that screen (and I double and triple checked that my email address was correct), but I haven't gotten my confirmation email.

I've done the spam folder, refresh dance in the mail box. Any suggestions?
DaddyDragon is offline   #2
Lash

Old August 13th, 2013, 05:11 AM
same here

here is email i sent to support copied/pasted

the email said MUST use your KS email as your password

the acct creation target fields list "Invalid Characters" error on the password when you type in your email address as you password

i'm assuming the @ sign is the block

i tried several times, like 5 times

no dice

finally, giving up i tried a "normal" password not email address and presto it let me in

going to be alot of emails to you guys today if the software doesn't allow you to do the order we were given in the email that was capitalized/bolded/italicized ... "MUST use your email address" if the @ sign is an invalid character in your password recognition software

BUT ... when i was let in on a normal password, it then said your acct is created but you need to agree to confirmation email

you guessed it Username and Password unrecognized error

LOL

so i tried my email address in that one

no dice

so stuck in acct creation phase

Last edited by Lash; August 13th, 2013 at 05:21 AM.
Lash is offline   #3
Lash

Old August 13th, 2013, 05:19 AM
harlinquinn, maybe the "error" you got when confirming is...

Realm Works set it up to ONLY verify confirmations from accounts that had recognizable passwords that they entered in a database using KS emails as their password

unfortunately in a completely separate software mechanism, they have a block on using @ signs, thus the "Invalid Character" error

so those two pieces of software aren't taking to each other and actually contradicting each other

just my best guess

@ daddy dragon: so it let you use your email address and you didn't get Invalid Character error?
Lash is offline   #4
Lash

Old August 13th, 2013, 05:27 AM
wow, just re-read email and saw where they are gone to GenCon

this could be epic fail if harliquinn and I are not simply isolated events and they are too busy to check support

if everyone is blocked by the simple invalid character error

you know as a side not: i wonder why so much software DOES block certain characters

i understand developers want to limit the use in case some smartphones/small keyboards may not have a VAST array of characters ... but the @ or # sign for example or any other normal character, i've always wondered why developers want to block those

probably a simple answer to that , just never understood it
Lash is offline   #5
Chemlak

Old August 13th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Best I can figure out is that the instructions we were given are "wrong".

Your password at account creation is not your email address. You may create any password you wish (subject to some special character limitations, it seems).

However, the email address you enter underneath your user name at account creation MUST be the email address given on the KS survey.

That seems to be where the problem lies. For some reason (probably tiredness, if I had to guess) we were told this is the password. It is not. It is your registered email address for RW.
Chemlak is offline   #6
Lash

Old August 13th, 2013, 05:40 AM
well in an interesting turn of events:

even though I got an "Username and Password unrecognized" message when i tried to get a confirmation email sent

i got a confirmation email sent anyways

and now it let me confirm

just couldn't do it the way we were instructed in the mass email update from KS

so if you read all mine above, i guess you can use a normal password if you get invalid character message
Lash is offline   #7
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old August 13th, 2013, 05:48 AM
@Lash

I also had the "Invalid Character" error, which I assumed was the @ in my email, so I tried another password, and after a bit of trial and error, got an acceptable password, though it was very long.

Once I got into RW, I changed my rather long password to something shorter and noticed this message... "Password is too simple, it mustinclude at least one digit or symbol, and at least ond upper and lower case letter."
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #8
Harliquinn

Old August 13th, 2013, 11:40 AM
When trying to use the Confirm email link in the sent email, I'm getting the following:

Confirm

There is something wrong with your account confirmation, please try again.

Can my account be reset?

John
Harliquinn is offline   #9
lfseeney

Old August 13th, 2013, 11:43 AM
A reset might help my problem as well

Confirmed but can not log in.
lfseeney is offline   #10