Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

3v1L_D34D

Old September 29th, 2018, 08:00 AM
Hi,

Not sure how possible this is, i have some herolab experience although this is only through copying existing items/scripts, nothing beyond that.
There are some variant rules on the creation of spellbooks / scrolls and making them out of tougher (although perhaps heavier) materials.

here

I have copied some existing spellbooks, gear / gizmo's, and had a look through but there is no materials field or item that does something similar
i can copy... as far as i can see.

My first question is it even possible to give the user a selection of materials, akin to a weapon or armour, when purchasing or creating a spellbook?
Has anyone done anything similar or can point me in the direction of some sample code? or know of any gizmo's / examples of anything similar?

Would it be possible to request this be added, the materials field for gizmo's, (unless someone can suggest something better) for development purposes?

Thanks in advance,

3v1L_D34D

Last edited by 3v1L_D34D; September 29th, 2018 at 10:24 AM.
3v1L_D34D is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
3v1L_D34D

Old September 30th, 2018, 01:33 AM
Use cases:

Buy rope/chain or manicles out of stronger or unusual materials.
Buy a Custom spellbook, metal plate pages, choose material.
Buy a Custom chest/container, pick the material to reduce weight.
Example, Custom bag, make it out of a stronger material, or one with magical
Properties, such as fireproof.
3v1L_D34D is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old October 1st, 2018, 03:23 AM
They aren't Paizo sources, so it would need to be a Community produced file. There's also a huge amount of work involved from what I can see. There are two ways to do this now:
1. You could add "custom" items and use the text field to note the different material.
2. Create each item in the editor as you require it. Since most are purely text "features" you don't need to do scripting.
The costs for different materials aren't consistent when you change from (for example) scroll pages to scroll cases, so I don't think you could set up materials using the editor to pick the types from. You probably have to create most items individually in the editor.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #3 Reply With Quote