Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Krothos

Old February 13th, 2018, 07:28 AM
Is there a way to have a character portfolio export to a PDF, with the destination being the iPad itself or Google Drive? I found how to bring up with the stat block, and even copy the stat block to the clipboard. is there a way to do a direct export? Thanks.
Krothos is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old February 13th, 2018, 08:06 AM
Yes; this applies to all iPad applications...

Use the application to "print" whatever document you want converted. When the print dialog comes up (where you get to choose printer and which pages to print), use the pinch-to-zoom gesture of putting two fingers in the middle of the document and spreading them apart -- that's the "zoom in" gesture. A separate page will open with the document converted to a PDF. You can now use the "share" button (the box with a line going up through it from the center) to email it or text it or do whatever with it.

Azhrei is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old February 14th, 2018, 07:18 AM
Thank you for the information, but I couldn't find these options you mentioned. Maybe a screenshot to help me get started?
Krothos is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old February 14th, 2018, 11:41 AM
Crud, you're right! Most applications have a "Print" option in their Share dialog, but HL does not.

That means you have an extra step to do. Copy and paste the statblock into a Note first. Then the Notes app can save the note as a PDF when you select its Share button.

Sorry about that. Every other app I use has a "print" option from the Share dialog...
Azhrei is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old February 14th, 2018, 02:44 PM
Thank you.
Krothos is offline   #5 Reply With Quote