Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

taxboy

Old February 13th, 2014, 07:23 PM
I would like to print off content like maps and session notes etc - is there a way to do this, or save to pdf?
taxboy is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
pyremius

Old February 13th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Not currently. It's on the list to be done, but I believe not until after the product is shipping.
pyremius is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
taxboy

Old February 13th, 2014, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyremius View Post
Not currently. It's on the list to be done, but I believe not until after the product is shipping.
Cool, i can wait
taxboy is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
pyremius

Old February 14th, 2014, 05:02 AM
Yep. Some handouts are just better live. Also, many of my players don't use computers at the table, so if they discover a spellbook or particularly complex magic item they've never used before, having that material as a supplement would be better then halting the whole game while a character sheet gets updated and reprinted.
pyremius is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
thedarkelf007

Send a message via MSN to thedarkelf007 Send a message via Yahoo to thedarkelf007

Old February 14th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Use a second monitor as you can display the item and all its abilities (they have discovered) on the second screen with things like maps explored to date and list of plot points they have discovered that are important to the game.

Once I started using the second monitor, I have done a lot less printing.

Working on - SW RPG d6 or add this source Update Souce and SW RPG FFG and More FFG SW not working yet
Author of Realms Works Guides
Blog writer at thedarkelf007.home.blog/
thedarkelf007 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old February 15th, 2014, 09:24 AM
I would also like the ability to print.
EightBitz is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old February 15th, 2014, 11:57 AM
+1 to this....
Grey Mage is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Aleslosh

Old February 15th, 2014, 12:58 PM
The ability to Print would be great. Especially if you're able to configure the export to be like a printed module (or book, for those of us who plan to use the RW software as a Mind Mapping tool) or individual excerpts.
Aleslosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
uriel222

Old February 18th, 2014, 01:35 PM
I was just thinking this! I'm using Realmworks to organize my campaign, but don't have a monitor set up at the gaming table, so the ability to "print" to a PDF for my iPad would be ideal!
uriel222 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 18th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Printing will come, but it is not as high priority as other features. The main reason is that Realm Works data is meant to be used live at the table, so the GM can keep up to date with what they players have learned via progressive reveal.

When you print out a topic for example, you immediately lose out on a lot of powerful features Realm Works has to offer. Especially if you're already bringing it to your table on your iPad, we'd like to start leveraging the cloud so you can access your data in your iPad's browser. I'm pretty excited for that.

Again, that's not to say we won't be making printing available, or even that printing won't come until after everything else is done. But whatever we put into place will likely be basic and no-frills, at least for a while, since printed content is so different from the overall Realm Works vision.
Joe is offline   #10 Reply With Quote