Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Shadowy_one

Old October 13th, 2015, 09:55 PM
Can anybody tell me how to integrate third party applications? I can't seem to find out how to integrate Syrinscape.
Shadowy_one is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old October 13th, 2015, 10:27 PM
In Syrinscape, open the SoundSet from which you want to pick sounds. Go to Options and turn on Third-Party Integration. Now there should be a bunch of (+) buttons on the various controls. Click one to copy a custom URI to the clipboard; it'll look something like:

syrinscape-fantasy:moods/d2l0Y2h3b29kOjpSYWluaW5nIGFnYWlu/play/

In Realm Works, edit the Topic/Article/etc. where you want to put the link. Right-click in a snippet and pick Hyperlink. Replace the text in the Address box with the text from Syrinscape. Edit the Text to Display as appropriate.

Now you have a link that should fire up a Syrinscape player and act like you clicked on the button whose (+) button you clicked.

Parody is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Shadowy_one

Old October 13th, 2015, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
In Syrinscape, open the SoundSet from which you want to pick sounds. Go to Options and turn on Third-Party Integration. Now there should be a bunch of (+) buttons on the various controls. Click one to copy a custom URI to the clipboard; it'll look something like:

syrinscape-fantasy:moods/d2l0Y2h3b29kOjpSYWluaW5nIGFnYWlu/play/

In Realm Works, edit the Topic/Article/etc. where you want to put the link. Right-click in a snippet and pick Hyperlink. Replace the text in the Address box with the text from Syrinscape. Edit the Text to Display as appropriate.

Now you have a link that should fire up a Syrinscape player and act like you clicked on the button whose (+) button you clicked.
Thanks! I would have never figured that one out without you.
Shadowy_one is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
DMG

Old October 13th, 2015, 11:42 PM
Parody is correct, you add the call as a hyperlink.

I actually put in a support ticket on how to do that, as per the release notes. I thought Syrinscape or other API calls were special snippet types. The hyperlinks never even occurred to me at the time.
DMG is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 14th, 2015, 02:25 AM
If you simply paste the text into the snippet, without explicitly creating a hyperlink, I'm pretty sure that the link will be auto-detected and created. It did at one point during development, at least, but I haven't checked recently to confirm it.

Granted, having the link URI visible due to a direct paste is a little less pretty, but it's also less fiddly to setup. So you can use whichever approach you find more appealing.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old October 14th, 2015, 07:26 AM
On my machine, http: is converted, syrinscape-fantasy: is not. But this is in version 200 and I don't have Syrinscape Fantasy installed, so it's not a very conclusive test. :)

Parody is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 14th, 2015, 08:17 AM
You can see how to get URI's from within Sryinscape by watching their handy-dandy YouTube video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aM30zA9CLg
liz is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 14th, 2015, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
On my machine, http: is converted, syrinscape-fantasy: is not. But this is in version 200 and I don't have Syrinscape Fantasy installed, so it's not a very conclusive test. :)
The 3pp integration wasn't added until build 201, so it definitely won't work with 200.
rob is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Seregil

Old October 14th, 2015, 01:21 PM
Just tried it. It does not auto detect because the link does not contain http://
You have to make it a hyperlink. Once this is done, however, it does work.
Seregil is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
snaggle2th

Old October 15th, 2015, 11:04 AM
What about PDFs? It would be great to hyperlink to a page within a PDF.

What are the best practices? Is it better to upload a PDF into a realm, or leave it external? Would uploading several PDFs start to cause performance issues? Is it possible to link to a page within a PDF? I know it can be done with a remote file, but what about a local one? What about one internal to the realm?
snaggle2th is offline   #10 Reply With Quote