Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

Gumbytie

Old November 17th, 2015, 05:35 PM
Excitedly purchased the SciFi Companion (coolio) and fired up my HeroLab and saw there were some updates. Ran them all but the updates for:

Pirates of the Spanish Main
and
Hell on Earth

Don't seem to load properly. They just keep getting marked as having an update available. Now, because they won't u[date, they don't load properly so now NO user files (including my own will load).

Any helpful ideas?

I even deleted the files in HeroLab > data > savage but doesn't seem to help. Nor restarting HeroLab. I am stuck.
Gumbytie is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Gumbytie

Old November 17th, 2015, 05:51 PM
I guess the latest SW Core update (or maybe because of SciFi companion needs) has some changes in timing of things. Because the errors are occuring in my files that previously worked.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p7hd99hbcn...error.jpg?dl=0

So looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me. Sigh.
Gumbytie is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Gumbytie

Old November 17th, 2015, 06:00 PM
Okay, so I don't want to get heavily into this tonight but I am already confused. Looking at the first error on the list in above pic, this is the Edge in question. Not sure what would be wrong with it:

<thing
id="edgCapPlan"
name="Captain, Plane"
description="Owns a marginally functional aircraft."
compset="Edge"
uniqueness="unique">
<usesource source="RagHome"/>
<tag group="MinRank" tag="0"/>
<tag group="EdgeType" tag="Background"/>
<bootstrap thing="vhDACatal"></bootstrap>
<exprreq message="Piloting d8 required"><![CDATA[#traitfound[skPiloting] >= 4]]></exprreq>
</thing>

I am just doing a normal bootstrap to an Edge, has that changed?
Gumbytie is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old November 17th, 2015, 06:26 PM
It changed how you bootstrap vehicles and weapons. To be honest, in some cases it is better to add it as an "auto add" instead, especially for weapons or vehicles that can be sold or lost. I have not played around with the new changes yet, though.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 17th, 2015, 10:01 PM
We're working on getting the Setting files synched up. It has to do with a change in those Edges that bootstrap Weapons. With what we had to do to get the Sci-Fi Companion to work, those Edges create a loop. We had to change the component type on those few to EdgeWep.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 17th, 2015, 10:05 PM
If you don't want to wait, PM me...

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old November 18th, 2015, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbytie View Post
... the errors are occuring in my files that previously worked.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p7hd99hbcn...error.jpg?dl=0...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
We're working on getting the Setting files synched up.
I've got a similar list of errors, also none of my user files will load. As you're working on the files, I'm content to wait.

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 18th, 2015, 10:43 AM
Try the Savage Settings updates now. If they still don't seem to clear things up (assuming the error still comes from my files, like HoER, PoTSM, DLN or 50F) please let me know right away.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old November 18th, 2015, 01:52 PM
Initially, I clicked on the exclamation mark next to Savage Worlds, and got the list of all the settings.

After updating to get the Sci-fi companion, there were 4 settings that showed updates, HoER, PoTSM, DLN or 50F. (Everything else was marked as "Get".)

I selected the four, one-by-one, and updated them, then loaded into Hero Lab. When I clicked on Load, a dialogue came up asking if I wanted to download DLN. I clicked no. I got the list of error messages like Gumbytie.

Closed HL, re-opened and this time went into it and clicked on view updates at the extreme right hand side of the screen. Managed to update HoER and PoTSM, but DLN and 50F did not update, and still get the message asking if I want to update DLN when I try to enter HL. Still get an error list, though it is reduced.

I'm posting all this in case it helps you and also if I've missed something...

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 18th, 2015, 02:08 PM
Well, it might help me figure out what's wrong with those since I thought I had them updated... I take it you did the updates for them this afternoon, correct?

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #10 Reply With Quote