Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Cards77

Old March 5th, 2020, 07:13 AM
Portfolio evaluation aborted and current state is unknown. Cause of infinite loop is inappropriate dependencies based on the use of global tags.

Please notify data file author to correct the problem.

Can i get some help with this error? I built a new PC and changed everything over, but now i'm getting this error.

All of my PCs portfolios are unstable and this comes up every time I make any change.
Cards77 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 5th, 2020, 07:34 AM
I'm impressed... the Halting Problem is mildly difficult.

That said, I saw someone posting about a similar problem recently. Your first step is to back up your portfolio. Your next step will be to start removing characters to find if the problem is limited to a subset of them. The next step involves unwielding all items/weapons and disabling any active abilities or conditions. If that doesn't work, you're going to start removing abilities and equipment until you isolate which ones are causing the issue.

It's not really easy, but it is what you're probably going to have to do.

Do you know when the problem started happening?
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Cards77

Old March 5th, 2020, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
I'm impressed... the Halting Problem is mildly difficult.

That said, I saw someone posting about a similar problem recently. Your first step is to back up your portfolio. Your next step will be to start removing characters to find if the problem is limited to a subset of them. The next step involves unwielding all items/weapons and disabling any active abilities or conditions. If that doesn't work, you're going to start removing abilities and equipment until you isolate which ones are causing the issue.

It's not really easy, but it is what you're probably going to have to do.

Do you know when the problem started happening?
Started when I installed on a new machine. Maybe I am missing some files? I did create a few unique magic items of my own for several characters.

But I'm dead in the water. I have PCs to update and new sheets to make and I cannot do anything.
Cards77 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 5th, 2020, 08:31 AM
If you've created some custom items, if HL will let you, in the Tools menu, choose Explore Folders and Game System Data Folder. Then, find all the .user files in that folder, and move them to somewhere else (either create a sub-folder for temporary storage or stick them on the desktop). Now, restart HL and see if you're still getting the issue. If not, then put the .user files back one at a time until you isolate the problem.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Cards77

Old March 5th, 2020, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
If you've created some custom items, if HL will let you, in the Tools menu, choose Explore Folders and Game System Data Folder. Then, find all the .user files in that folder, and move them to somewhere else (either create a sub-folder for temporary storage or stick them on the desktop). Now, restart HL and see if you're still getting the issue. If not, then put the .user files back one at a time until you isolate the problem.
What if the custom items no longer exist on my new PC? Could that cause this?

I am guessing I did not backup my data folders, just my portfolios!

Last edited by Cards77; March 5th, 2020 at 11:40 AM.
Cards77 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old March 5th, 2020, 12:41 PM
You could try this: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=63975
Ualaa is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Cards77

Old March 26th, 2020, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
Ok I'm trying this.

It seems to be related to an intelligent weapon that i had on this character.

Everything is fine when i create the weapon as normal.

But as soon as I add an alignment in "is intelligent" then I get the error.

Question is now, how to fix it?
Cards77 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Cards77

Old March 26th, 2020, 10:02 AM
Also noticed a bug...there are no "At Will" abilities under intelligent weapons.

Why?
Cards77 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
cebadec

Old March 28th, 2020, 04:59 PM
I too am getting this error. It appears to be tied to my AEGIS SUIT. Not sure what I can do to fix it. When I delete the suit it the error goes away. When I have the suit, the error shows up on everything that causes any sort of calculation. Any suggestions?

Thank you.
cebadec is offline   #9 Reply With Quote