Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Ualaa

Old April 20th, 2017, 06:42 PM
Options are good, if possible.
Ualaa is offline   #311 Reply With Quote
EldritchWeaver

Old April 28th, 2017, 03:07 AM
Under the Special Abilities tab, there is the entry Casting. This entry calculates a DC, but this DC is seemingly only including the CAM, but not the CL part. I understand that CL can be freely varied, but I assumed that the DC represents the minimum base CL available (for elementalist, the Mid-Caster CL according to class level, not the one for Destruction).

Is this indeed meant to exclude the CL? If yes, I would like to see an annotation like "+ CL/2". If not, I'd like to have entries for all abilities which have different DCs. For example, my character has a stave of Destruction and the Orb Expert feat, so having one additional entry for these would be nice.
EldritchWeaver is offline   #312 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old April 28th, 2017, 04:39 AM
I assumed the CL portion had been omitted since the CL can vary. Most of the time, a caster is going to cast at their maximum caster level, but occasionally they may want to fire a shot across the bow, or have a smaller area of effect in order to miss some targets while hitting others.

A DC should be calculated at 10 + (1/2 CL of the effect) + Casting Ability Modifier.
Ualaa is offline   #313 Reply With Quote
EldritchWeaver

Old April 28th, 2017, 05:39 AM
My point is that it isn't clear that the DC calculation isn't using CL. Other abilities have generally fixed DCs, so I didn't notice that I was using an incorrect DC. In fact, to have the base CL as part of the DC is a sensible assumption, as the CL is usually the highest you can use.
EldritchWeaver is offline   #314 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old April 28th, 2017, 09:11 AM
The DC displayed in the Casting ability is indeed bugged. It's fixed in my current build. In fact, Casting is also going to include MSB and MSD values, which are being hidden from the Specials tab to cut down on clutter.

I'm going to go ahead and finish the Shapeshifter's Handbook before I release 1.19, in case it throws me any more curveballs that require me to make further major structural changes. EVERY existing SoP splatbook is affected, so there's going to be a big flurry of updates.

Last edited by TheIronGolem; April 28th, 2017 at 09:26 AM.
TheIronGolem is offline   #315 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old April 29th, 2017, 10:44 PM
Finished with class content for the Shapeshifter's Handbook (archetypes & custom specials). Unfortunately the Bound Fang ability isn't going to be truly implemented, at least not at launch. This is because natural weapons are a different component in Hero Lab than manufactured ones, and they aren't built to be customizable in the same way. I might one day be able to circle back to this and build a form similar to what the Amulet of Mighty Fists and Bodywrap of Mighty Strikes use, but right now I can't justify the time it would take.
TheIronGolem is offline   #316 Reply With Quote
akuthia

Old May 9th, 2017, 11:27 AM
Hey TheIronGolem, I'm not sure if this is a CS question (and you want me to ask Drop dead) or not. but I'm looking for another class by Drop Dead Studios, The artisan. It looks like it's from it's own splatbook. Do you know anything about a character file being made for hero lab for the class?

Thanks, even if you don't!
akuthia is offline   #317 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old May 9th, 2017, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akuthia View Post
Hey TheIronGolem, I'm not sure if this is a CS question (and you want me to ask Drop dead) or not. but I'm looking for another class by Drop Dead Studios, The artisan. It looks like it's from it's own splatbook. Do you know anything about a character file being made for hero lab for the class?

Thanks, even if you don't!
I don't know anything about that, sorry. To the best my knowledge, Spheres of Power is currently the only DDS product with a Hero Lab implementation. I would definitely recommend asking them directly.
TheIronGolem is offline   #318 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old May 13th, 2017, 01:21 PM
Grind, grind, grind, grind out dozens of Alteration talents with associated forms and traits!
TheIronGolem is offline   #319 Reply With Quote
EldritchWeaver

Old May 15th, 2017, 01:03 PM
I have chosen the sub-sphere specialization tactician, but it seems that I don't get the +1 CL Divination increase.
EldritchWeaver is offline   #320 Reply With Quote